This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, Monday (Warning: Whiny Rant)

This is a thank you to all the thoughtless, inconsiderate shoppers today at Longs who, working together, however unconsciously, managed to make me late for work. I love starting my working week this way.

To the woman in the electric, non-wheelchair: That's not a real wheelchair, I doubt you're really disabled, and I don't think I've ever seen a Chow used as a support animal. You weren't in line; you were blocking the aisle. Next time, take advantage of your non-energy expending mobility, and actually get in the line. And leave the dog at home.

To the woman who tied up the check-out by returning a package of mints: I really envy you. To have so much time available in your day that it is worthwhile to you to return a fifty cent package of mints makes me wish I were independently wealthy, too.

To the retirees: Visiting Longs may be the high point of your day, but for many of us, who have to get to our jobs, it's an occasional necessity (like today). Tying up the checker by going through the entire weekly ad with questions makes the checker, the manager, and the working stiffs like me hate you.

To the woman with photos: How nice that you don't have to go to work today. How nice that you have time to pick up the most expensive water and your photos on the way to an event. I wish I could afford that time. I am quite envious. However, when you decided to rush up to the register to cut me off, you became a problem. You became a bigger problem, for me and the people behind me, when you wanted to go through your photos with the checker. The checker told you she couldn't help you beyond ringing them up, and also told you when the photo person would be in. But, no, you had to have the pictures. Well, you decided you had to have the pictures in the cheaper of the two packets after reviewing all of them. Then you decided to pay for everything using a card that you had left in your car, which you realized after we stood there and watched you search your entire wallet. Whereupon you finally decided you had to write a check, but, of course, you had no pen. The gooey entitlement icing on this cake of self-centered selfishness was when the check was rejected by the system. Yes, a bad check. Why did you bother? You left your mess on the counter, and all of us in line had to wait while the checker had to void everything out.

You know those stickers that say, "Mean people suck." I want one that says, "Most people suck."

/end whiny rant
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Ow....That sucked. I hate it when that kind of crap happens.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

You should come to Canada. It's Victoria Day today, everything's closed.
      Sorry about your bad day though.
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        To the woman who tied up the check-out by returning a package of mints: I really envy you. To have so much time available in your day that it is worthwhile to you to return a fifty cent package of mints makes me wish I were independently wealthy, too.
        I once got stuck behind someone in line at the grocery store returning a single banana.
        They didn't look like a mental patient, and yet that is the only explanation for it in my mind.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Its all proof that common sense really is not that common....
          If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
          www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

That happened to me once at WalMart. I was buying my lunch before work. I was next in line, and the people on front of me, of course picked up something that did not have the bar-code on it. So the cashier had to ring up for someone to check it. The person getting checked out tried saying that everyone was mad because of the cashier not doing her job. I told No, I am mad, because you were to stupid and or lazy to check to see it was the right one for the price you want. Finally the cashier had the price. They said they did not want that item, since it was 10 cents more, then they thought. The cashier said Thank you to me, and I told her, it is ok. They were the ones being stupid, and I wrote the sites name on a paper and gave it to her.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
              To the woman in the electric, non-wheelchair: That's not a real wheelchair, I doubt you're really disabled, and I don't think I've ever seen a Chow used as a support animal.
              Just a note for next time you're irritated: there are plenty of people who can walk sometimes/short distances/whatever, who use electric 'mobility devices' to enable them to get through life with more independance. (IE: less strain on the social support network)

Now, regardless of her handicapped-or-not status, if she was in the way, she was rude and out of line. (Pun intended)

But there's an ever-increasing variety of 'not a real wheelchair' devices/scooters/etc in use, making more and more people independant. (And every single one I've tried is enough of a pain that I really, really wish I could expect to not need them.)
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Seshat,

I completely understand your point, and if I needed a not-wheelchair (NW), I would use one. I don't have a problem with someone using an NW, there are a lot of elderly people near here who use them as there are two large retirement complexes less than a block away, but her entitled attitude was what got me.

If she hadn't been in the NW, the store would not have allowed her to bring her dog in. The dog was not wearing a jacket indicating that it was a service dog, and it was on an ordinary lead.

I didn't include that I saw her getting people to take things down from shelves she could have reached if she would just stand up. Blocking the aisle and playing the poor pitiful me card was the topper.

If I see her again in the store with the dog, I'm going to make a complaint. She's playing good people, and I hate that.

Sorry, getting pissed off again just thinking about her.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                  The person getting checked out tried saying that everyone was mad because of the cashier not doing her job. I told No, I am mad, because you were to stupid and or lazy to check to see it was the right one for the price you want.
                  Just like the time the line got held up because of the idiots who didn't bother reading the signs that clearly indicated which registers were and were not equipped to take credit cards.

Everyone had to wait while the cashier called a manager to void out the order and re-ring it on another register. People started making comments about the cashier being "slow", "stupid", etc., and expected me to join in. However, I had only recently left retail, so the whole sucky customer experience was still pretty fresh in my mind. They were quite surprised when I defended the cashier, and told them it wasn't her fault people were too stupid to read the signs.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                  X