This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible idiocy

Yesterday, we took the kids to an amusement park for my daughters birthday present. The guy running the bumper cars was amusing.... at first. They have that stick for determining height for the younger kids and he was power-hungry with it. He would use it to close the gates, to pull down the safety bar, to shove in front of someone when he wanted the line to stop, etc. (comical)

Then we get on. I'm riding with my daughter because she's too small to go by herself and the last ride ended with 4 of the cars stuck. He starts the ride and no one is getting past these 4 cars. They need to be manipulated out of their position first. He tries a couple of things, stops and restarts the ride twice thinking, I assume, it would work itself out but to no avail. Then he gets this brilliant idea.

He takes the car next to me, with two young girls (one teenager and her younger sister too small to ride by herself) and pulls the car back as far as it will go. He then tells them to steer straight and he pushes the car as fast as he can to ram one of the blocked cars!
    Now, not only was this not safe to do with people still in the cars, the car he hit was at such an angle that no amount of that type of force was going to accomplish anything.

Finally, someone else comes in to help him out. As the new guy is passing our car, I made sure he heard me when said all they need to do is move the front end of one car slightly in the same direction it was aiming and it would loosen the rest up.
    He did, and I was right.

I found out after the ride (15 minutes later) that the mother of the two girls was sitting next to my husband and was pissed. She swore if her girls complained about their necks that she would be calling in a complaint. Personally, I would have done it anyway. This guy has no business controlling that ride while lacking in common sense.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
    ~Clerks

Quoth SuperB View Post
    I would have done it anyway. This guy has no business controlling that ride while lacking in common sense.

I would have the samething, if I had children and he done that to them. You are right, that guy does not have any business controlling rides, if he lacking any common sense
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
    X