Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can remember the absolute worst take out we ever had at my office for lunch. It was a local place in downtown New Orleans and when we order from their many times it was good, but we decided to order the Seafood Gumbo. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!..... When it arrived everyone (3 people) had a bowl, and in two of the bowls we found something not usual in seafood gumbo. We noticed some banan tree roaches in our gumbo...as in multiple. Well....that was a rough afternoon as we all not only lost our appetite and had an argument with the place on the phone (we never got our money back) but needless to say we were all a bit queasy after that whole debacle. I gotta say...It was pretty disturbing.

Comment

Quoth mircea12345 View Post
      We noticed some banan tree roaches in our gumbo...as in multiple.
      Are you talking about actual insects? If you are, you should have called the health department. Ewww.

Comment

So they mashed up your baked potato and put a green salad in it or a chicken salad? Because the first one is just disgusting and the second is just as icky. <shudder> Most fast food places I've gone to with baked potatos serve all the extras on the side so you have to add them yourself. That's a first, if 'everyplace' serves baked potatoes like that it makes you wonder who started that and why.

OT - my Dad used to know some Danish because when he was growing up in the '40s and '50s there were a couple of towns, Viborg for example, in South Dakota that if you didn't know Danish you couldn't speak to any of the adults. He learned enough to shoot the breeze with his friend's parents. - OT off
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Ugh. That tells me I never want a baked potato should I end up in Denmark. I like my potatoes to have butter (garlic butter is even better), salt, and bacon bits.

Quoth RentalRacer View Post
          As a side note, most french fries have a hold time of between 5-10 minutes from when they come out of the fryer in my work experience (Uno, Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, TGI Fridays) then they are no good...actually, just the way they were described.

So...if you want fresh fries....never order them as part of a delivery order and expect them to be very good.
          I don't think it was that they weren't fresh so much as that they were inedible. The way they were described, it sounds like they had been microwaved.

My coworker's best friend is from Denmark. I think she might have started off as meek, but she won't take anything these days. She sued the school her children go to over two different problems, and now those two kids are in a paid-for private school and get door to door taxi service. When you wonder why schools have no money, it's because they are forced to pay for private school for some kids they were supposed to be teaching. Instead, when it was brought to their attention that one boy was getting beaten up every day by some bullies, the principal told her that he should "stop being so weird."

Regarding the roach gumbo: First, I won't even eat gumbo. Okra is just plain nasty. But the roach issue should have been turned over to the health department.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That sounds like a pretty nasty baked potato.

Ah well, I suppose the moral of the story is, don't order anything over the internet for takeaway if you haven't at least had it once from that restaurant and thought it was ok....

Comment

Working...
            X