This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiter Stands His Ground!!!!!

A while back my brother and I decided to go to one of our favorite Italian resturaunts for lunch. We get there 5 minutes till opening time, we see a guy who looked to be in his 50's, in a nice new Volvo, reading a paper and waiting for the place to open.

Monkey see=Monkey do, my brother and I decide to get a paper too. When we we get back we see that they have opened and as we're stepping inside we see this pr*ck ripping the waiter a new one saying the following:

"You're worthless waiter and I going to tell evryone I know not to come here, you don't know how to treat customers and I'm going to call the owner's and tell them about your behavior."

So dickwad turned on his heel and stormed out.

My brother asks the waiter (in the most facietious manner possible), " well what horrible crime have you commited against that poor man?"

The waiter sighed and said, " I wouldn't let him order off the child's menu. He said another waiter let him do it, but "I told him sir, I don't care if it costs me my job you're a grown adult male and I will not let you order a child's meal"

We were proud of this waiter , and we tipped him heavily.
    Last edited by LabCat; 05-25-2007, 06:23 PM.

What if he was ordering for one of his kids at home?? Maybe he was asked to pick "JR" up some dinner..... Still didn't have the right to berate the waiter....

Sounds like one of those people that's rich but incredibly stingy..... IF he was ordering for himself...

Comment

No this guy was definitely there to sit down and eat a meal by himself, because after the waiter seated us and got our drinks he had go dump f#cktard's drink and straighten up his table.

Comment

Absolutely, the guy was an SC.

But color me confused. Why would you not let an adult order from the "child's meal" portion of the menu? Doesn't the reduced cost also include reduced portions?

It's not like it's the same as someone younger trying to get a senior discount. There's no real discount. You get what you pay for, you just get less food and pay less money.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Why would you not let an adult order from the "child's meal" portion of the menu?
          Hundreds of possible reasons. Here's a few:

- The child's menu contains items that aren't found on the adult's menu at all, because they're a pain in the ass to make. They are offered as a courtesy to patrons with children. (ie, an Italian restaurant may make a grilled cheese sandwich just for kids).

- The portion size and therefore the price of the child's meal is reduced, but this price was almost certainly set with the assumption that they would be selling an adult entree to the same table, thereby limiting the importance of making a profit on the child's meal. Portion size is one of the least significant factors in restaurant pricing.

- Ordering from the child's menu sets a dangerous precedent for this same customer in the future, and from other patrons as well. Word gets out to every cheapskate in the neighbourhood that "This Restaurant" lets adults order from the kids menu. Your tables quickly fill up each day with blue haired little old ladies looking to save a buck and you lose out on your profitable customer base, those people who actually spend more money and eat well.

The last is a good reason in this particular case. Look what happened when another waiter (supposedly) allowed him to order from the child's menu, and then he tries it again and is refused the second time - the SC throws a tantrum fit for a child.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
            The last is a good reason in this particular case. Look what happened when another waiter (supposedly) allowed him to order from the child's menu, and then he tries it again and is refused the second time - the SC throws a tantrum fit for a child.
            Maybe he was trying to prove that if he acts like a child, he should be served children's food?

Comment

There was a woman at the honky tonk restaurant that had a medical card explaining health problems (abnormaly small stomach?) and that she could only eat from the kids menu, portion sized, I mean. So we were happy to oblige.

And when other customers tried to pull the "Well she gets to do it!" we got to throw that right in their faces.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                There was a woman at the honky tonk restaurant that had a medical card explaining health problems (abnormaly small stomach?) and that she could only eat from the kids menu, portion sized, I mean. So we were happy to oblige.
                Stapled, or whatever that reduction surgery is, perhaps? If it was a while ago, she probably wouldn't have looked like she actually needed it.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

She was a very frail, small woman. Not elderly, though.

Probably 4'10, maybe 90 pounds at most?

Comment

i cant think of the name blas... but its there some where...

I think one thing about the childrens menu at sit down resturants is the not wanting to set a precidence. That being said i like getting kids meals, though at resturants i don't dont order of a kids menu because i hate macorini and cheese (its every where) and love real food. I for one am the kind of girl who gets a half sand which and a cup of soup and Salads and Such because it fills me up and cost half the price of a whole sandwich.

Comment

I too, also order from the childrens menu, at fast food restaurants. However if I am at a real restaurant, then I will order something small, like soup & salad. Manly becuase I am dieting, and plus I get full from just that.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Excellent point of view powerboy. And last I checked, there was nothing wrong with ordering kids meals at fast food restaurants.

Comment

Blas, unless Mickey D's is giving out Beanie Babies with their Happy Meals. Then sometimes they get thrown for a loop.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My friend owns a pub/restuarant and I asked him about their policy on it-basically he will let little old ladies etc eat off the childrens menu, because they generally eat less anyway so they're happy with the portion size, and also because they would be unlikely to come and buy anything there otherwise. However he doesn't let other adults order off it because they will come and complain about the portion sizes..well of course they're small, they're designed for children! Or they come up and order "kids sausge and chips.. but can you make it a large one, its for me". No, because then no money will be made on it! He wants to tell them to try experimenting with something other than sausage and chips for a change, you're not 10..

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                              I had that surgery a couple of years ago. I got a lapband, which is a band placed around the stomach that forces one to eat less. It has help me loose about 60 lbs. I, also, am allowed to order off of child's menus. If the manager really has an issue with it, I just get lots of leftovers! (I can really only eat about 1/3 of a regularly portioned meal)
                              ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Working...
                              X