This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dreamt my mom was an sc

I hope this counts as "seen elsewhere" but if not feel free to move it to off topic or where ever.
    Before you read it, I just want to say my mom is totally not like this!
    I just woke up from this and thought I'd share it while it was fresh in my mind. In my dream, we went to a restaurant for mother's day and ordered drinks, but the waitress walked away before taking my mom's order. My mom totally freaked and yelled and ranted while we tried to calm her down, and the whole restaurant was watching. We ended up leaving and the restaurant people told us they would call the cops if they saw her again. We fought with her about it for a long time, then she completely lost it, (stopped making any kind of sense) my dad called for mental help, and she drove off. I ended up being worried about her being in an accident, and then I woke up.
    I think this dream signifies 2 things.
    1. I'm worried about my mom's amount of stress and pressure. Since my brother moved to town with his wife, baby and toddler, my sister in law has been over every day to get my mom to babysit her toddler, because she doesn't know how to watch both while my brother is out of town. My mom has told me she treasures every quiet moment she has now.
    2. I have been reading these message boards for way too long.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

First off i think you sister in law needs a reality check, its only going to get harder and she cant always rely on your mom.

And two ive had that nightmare two... But it was my dad and i have a third reason to add to that dream.

Comment

I agree about the reality check. I wish we could just get a day off but it doesn't seem to be happening. My brother's coming home in a month.
      -Helen Keller

Comment

... You could always kidnap your mother in the wee hours of the morning... if of course didnt have to work.... take her to a park, an early movie, a way from the house....

Comment

Sounds good. We did go to the movies today- Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Pretty good but majorly weird.
          I don't want to get too off-topic though.

I'm editing this: it occurred to me that that might sound rude. But I'm new here and I'm still not familiar with how the forums work. Are we allowed to go off-topic? I'll have to look for a basic list of rules for the forums. Sorry about that. I don't want to step on anybody's toes.
          Last edited by mariamousie1; 05-30-2007, 03:05 PM.
          -Helen Keller

Comment

I think the general rule is that, in a thread you started, you can pretty much go as off-topic as you want LOL But don't quote me on that, I'm not in any position of authority.
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

it is a kind of a silly thread but you started because you feared your mothers stress level was reaching dangergous levels... off topic doesnt truely exist

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                my sister in law has been over every day to get my mom to babysit her toddler, because she doesn't know how to watch both while my brother is out of town.
                Your SIL can't watch her baby and toddler at the same time? You keep them in the same room and block off all the exits. <shakes head>

Weird dreams about the parents I think are the norm. I can't get away from my Mom harassing me - she's there when I sleeping and she's there when I'm awake. Going to have to have Dad keep the phone out of her reach - the woman is driving me nuts.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                X