Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh, yeah...I've been on the road too, moron...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, yeah...I've been on the road too, moron...

I mentioned in another thread that I went on a road trip with my brother and sister and their spouses to go surprise another of my brothers on his 50th birthday.

It was a 6 hour drive, so at one point, we stopped for lunch at a McDonalds.
    It was really crowded, as it was in a rest stop along a major highway, and was in the middle of nowhere at lunchtime.
    We stood in line for a while.
    My brother and his wife ordered, and I was behind them.

I noticed this guy standing in a line beside us, talking to my brother.
    There didn't seem to be anyone waiting on the people in his line.
    I couldn't hear the conversation, so I wasn't sure what was being said.

My brother is one of those guys who can just strike up a conversation with anyone.
    He is also a mayor, and knows a lot of people all over the country.
    I wondered for a second if it was one of those "small world" things, and he actually knew this guy.
    I could hear snippets of the conversation and they were discussing coffee, with my brother saying something about, "Too bad there isn't a Tim Horton's around here...."

Anyway, he and his wife got their food and I stepped up to the counter.
    I gave my order to the girl, and just as she turned to start grabbing the order, this man butted in front of me and said to the girl, "Get me coffee while you're over there."

I was speechless at how rude he was.
    He turned to me and said, "Geez...the things you have to do to get a coffee."

I had so many things I wanted to say, but, again, I wasn't sure if this was somebody my brother knew, and if he didn't know him, I didn't want to get into a fight with someone who could have been insane for all I knew.

I got to the table, and I told my brother what had just happened, and he said, "Oh, that guy? He's crazy as a sh!thouse rat."
    I asked him, "Did you know him?"
    He said, "No. He just came up and started whining about having to wait in line to get a coffee and I was just humoring him. He's nuts, though."

He walked in and stood at an empty station, then whined that he had to wait to get a cup of coffee.

What nerve.
    Last edited by Ree; 05-28-2007, 02:01 AM.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

My brother is one of those guys who can just strike up a conversation with anyone.
    I think your brother and my father would get along famously. My dad could talk to a brick wall, I think, and he seems to know people everywhere we go. He cracked me up on our last vacation--he started chatting with some people at the airport on the way there, figured out the were on the same flight back with us, and found them at the airport to chat more on the way home.

Ah well, at least he's polite with csrs and waiters.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I swear, everywhere my ex and I went, we'd run into someone he knew. I have lived in this town pretty much my whole life and I almost never run into people I know...and he could get in a political discussion with any random person who was at the bar he frequents (it's in a hotel so there's lots of random people). His friend and I would always roll our eyes when he got started, and his friend would heckle him while he "discussed"
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X