This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Store Exchange

I was at PetCo (pet store chain) last night and witnessed this. Woman had a large fish tank kit which looked like she had opened it and put everything back in badly. Also the cashier was a manager who was working the register (according to name badge).

Woman: I bought this from your a week ago for $150 and found it on your website for $95. I want the $55 difference.
    Cashier: We don't do price matching with the online price.
    Woman: I bet PetsMart (other pet store chain) does. So give me my money and I won't go to them.
    Cashier: I am sorry if you feel that way but we don't price match online cost. You can go to them if you like.
    Woman: Well why not?
    Cashier: The online store doesn't have the same costs as we do so we charge more to cover the costs that allow you to enjoy shopping in our store. Also the online cost does not include the shipping charge you would have paid.
    Woman: I don't care give me my $55!
    Cashier: I can't.
    Woman: I bought it here and you over charged me!
    Cashier: Normally we won't refund opened or used items but if you have your reciept I can issue you a refund and you can buy it online.
    Woman: Fine I'll just go to PetsMart and they'll give me my money back.

Then she stormed out.

How much you want to bet she bought it somewhere cheap or second hand and was trying to get some money out of it?

Its a good return policy

I work for Petsmart and she is right we can honor the on-line price, in fact we have to if they bring in a printed copy of it. Technically we can look it up ourselves on our computer but that just takes to long and if the customer wants to save a few bucks then they can print out a copy themselves. We also take back anything, used and open, receipt or no receipt. We also take things back Petco, or any other store whether we carry it our not and customers take full advantage of that. I wish we were as strict as Petco with our return policy. Of course I guess if we were then we would have a lot more stupid people then we already do.

Comment

I don't know how many times I have had the same conversation with people at BN. They do not match the online price. If you want the online price you have to order it online or you can order it ship-to-home through the store. Either way, you are not getting it today for the online price. If you need it today, you are paying full price.

OK, and do you have a member card?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X