This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Mugs

This wasn't something that happened to me, but rather a story that a friend told me just a couple of days ago.

So he's working at Wal Mart in the seasonal department and trying to take a shovel apart. Why I don't know, he just is.

The shovel has a button on the blade making it easier to separate it from the handle.
    Long story short, the blade was stiff and the friend decided he would put his foot in the handle and pull it upwards. Weeeeeell he hit himself in the face with the blade and cut his lip open.
    So he makes his way towards the back to clean up.

On the way he was stopped by a customer who needed to know where a few things were.
    He stops, answers her questions and continues towards layaway.
    When he gets to layaway the woman at the counter gasps.
    "Oh my god, what HAPPENED!?"
    Apparently his entire chin was covered in blood and dripping on the floor, as the cut was much worse than he thought.

Where's the SC part? Well the Wal Mart we worked at was small, so it wouldn't have taken very long for all that blood to form on his face. But in spite of his bloody mug the customer still stopped him to ask where certain items were, but never once asked if he was alright or what had happened to him.

Real nice, lady.

Yikes! I hope he didn't need stitches or anything!

People amaze and disturb me...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Something similar happened to me once when I found a couple of stray kittens out behind the hotel where I worked then. One was friendly and the other had been possessed by the devil. In the process of trying to catch the evil one, it bit me and its little fang sank pretty deep into the fingertip of my pinky. It immediately started to gush, running down my finger into my palm, which filled, and I was having a hell of a time trying to keep my hand positioned so that the blood wouldn't start soaking my nice white dress shirt.

A guest couldn't get his key to work and came up to ask me about that. It was plain to see that I was bleeding and trying to keep from bleeding on my clothing. He looked, registered nothing and asked that I unlock his door for him. So I did that with my good hand, with a palmful of blood in my other hand. Not even a thank you when I got his door open.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Old coot came up behind me whiel I was cleaning the bread slicer and made me jump "HEEYY!!!!"

I cut my birdy finger and hadda help the clueless bleeper with it behind my back.

When I finally got rid of him I pulled out my hand...

SOAKED in O neg. What a scare I had!!!

turns out all that blood had came out of the tinyest dot of a cut on the side of my birdy.
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

It's been my experience that hand and facial/head wounds bleed all out of proportion to their seriousness.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            It's been my experience that hand and facial/head wounds bleed all out of proportion to their seriousness.
            Oh yeah, especially along the forehead for some reason, at least with me. Thing didn't even need a dozen stitches, but I was COVERED in blood. Still, a head-wound should take priority over finding someone their doodad, and that ungrateful SoB could've waited for HauntedHead to get bandaged up to get into his room.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
              Oh yeah, especially along the forehead for some reason, at least with me.
              That's why in most pro-wrestling matches, they cut their foreheads open to get that bloody match effect.

Comment

Head wounds bleed a ton because of the pressure required to pump the blood up that far. My brother fell and split his chin open, and it bled all over the place. You could follow the trail of blood from where he fell to the fountain he rinsed it off at (it was at a school) even years later. It took a single butterfly bandage to hold it together, though.

Hand and foot wounds bleed a bunch because of gravity if it's an artery, and again, because of pressure if it's a vein. If you have a hand would you want to stop bleeding, hold it up at shoulder level or higher. If you want it to really gush, swing your arm a bit.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  Where's the SC part? Well the Wal Mart we worked at was small, so it wouldn't have taken very long for all that blood to form on his face.
                  I don't see how these facts relate.
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                    I don't see how these facts relate.
                    I think what rerant meant is that the Wal-Mart was so small, that for him to have blood all over his chin by the time he walked the short distance to layaway, he was bleeding so heavily that he HAD to have visible red by the time this woman would have come across him.

So far as the ol' pro wrestling crimson mask, lemme just put it to you this way...Eddie Guerrero once accidently bladed himself something like an extra inch on his scalp and lost so much blood from it that he needed a transfusion. Head wounds bleed like MANIC. Fortunately, though, in all but the most extreme cases, they stop within a short amount of time.
                    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I figured as much.

I've since forgotten, but one day at the gas station I totally gashed my finger on something. There was blood ALL OVER my hand. I desperately dug through our medicine cabinet behind the counter for several bandaids, and the customers in line were freaking out on me for not serving them. WITH A BLOODY HAND.

Oh for the love of farking God.......

I wanted to hand them some bloody money (no pun intended) and then see what they'd say.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                        I figured as much.

I've since forgotten, but one day at the gas station I totally gashed my finger on something. There was blood ALL OVER my hand. I desperately dug through our medicine cabinet behind the counter for several bandaids, and the customers in line were freaking out on me for not serving them. WITH A BLOODY HAND.

Oh for the love of farking God.......

I wanted to hand them some bloody money (no pun intended) and then see what they'd say.
                        "Here's a pack of bloody cigarettes, sir. Now you can look like so many action stars."
                        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Gah, this reminds me of a story of my father. He's a vet, and once upon an eternity ago he worked in Idaho as a large animal vet for farms. He's trying to give this cow a vaccine for worms or something, cow kicks him, he trips, and lands on the injection. As he gets up and pulls out the huge honkin' needle from dead center in his chest, the farmer stands by watching, chewing tobacco, and as dad is cleaning the blood off himself, finally says "So, ya gonna fix my cow or what?"

My dad won't tell me what he did to the guy, but he's not known for a gentle temperament. On the plus side, he's innoculated against worms.

Comment

Quoth Skandranon View Post
                            On the plus side, he's innoculated against worms.

There goes rule #1 again!
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

Hand and foot wounds bleed a bunch because of gravity if it's an artery, and again, because of pressure if it's a vein.
                              um...I think it's the other way around, but I'm not a doctor.
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X