This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staples Gang War?

I heard this story this morning, from Petaluma, CA. (I don't know if that qualifies as a Sighting, but here it is.) Staples employees attacked by gang members because they were wearing red, i.e. their store uniform, walking out of the store. The gang members were from the gang whose color is blue, and took the red shirts to mean the Staples employees were members of the rival gang whose color is red. So Staples is apparently considering changing the uniform color for the stores in the area (I'm thinking purple?). The employees ran back into the store where the manager called police and the gang members were arrested. (I think.)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Okay, what the HELL? How could a bunch of Crips be that ing stupid, thinking Staples uniforms meant the guys were in the Bloods? Wait, nevermind! They're in gangs, I just answered my own question.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

here's the story

the kids were 17

apparently they have changed the uniform in the past...

ya know, if you're going to decide you "own" a color, pick something that a million people aren't likely to be wearing on a daily basis...like, I dunno, chartreuse and hot pink? That way the rest of us know who to avoid...

Comment

Of course, the gang with hot-pink would have to be based out of San Francisco, eh?
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          Of course, the gang with hot-pink would have to be based out of San Francisco, eh?
          good point...

Comment

Well, you didn't say they were a bunch of NASA rocket engineers, you said they were gang members. So I'm guessing they don't have a minimum intellegence requirement to be in the Crips?

Comment

Dammit, I look good in red. Well, what do you expect from kids so terminally stupid and maladjusted as to join a street gang?
              You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                Dammit, I look good in red. Well, what do you expect from kids so terminally stupid and maladjusted as to join a street gang?
                yeah, i look good in red, too. every time i wear it someone tells me good thing they haven't infiltrated central jersey...yet...

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                  Wait, nevermind! They're in gangs, I just answered my own question.
                  The pants 52 sizes too big, the backwards hats, and the fake limps most of those fools walk with didn't give it away? Even though I live in the 'burbs, I get to see plenty of those idiots either at the mall, or hanging around corners on the way to work.

But, when I first saw the title, I thought Staples and Office Depot were having some sort of turf war
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    But, when I first saw the title, I thought Staples and Office Depot were having some sort of turf war
                    Hey! That's what I was thinking too. But then again, what exactly would they have been arguing over? How many reams of paper they can balance on their heads? (Rough night - not awake enough to come up with something spiffier than that).

As for the gang memebers, they really are stupid, but for the love of peanut butter & mayo sammiches, they see a guy dressed in a red POLO shirt, in front of a Staples store, between the 2 of them, couldn't they have figured out the person was a store employee?

Comment

"Once I tried to be slick and just wear plaid...I ended up getting beat up by golfers."

With apologies to "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air".
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                        The pants 52 sizes too big, the backwards hats, and the fake limps most of those fools walk with didn't give it away? Even though I live in the 'burbs, I get to see plenty of those idiots either at the mall, or hanging around corners on the way to work.
                        Don't forget bills are being worn flat this season. I remember last year the style was to bend the hell out of the bill so that it was the shape of a taco. Do kids have any better way to rebel these days than to wear stuff wrong?
                        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I'm sure they knew they were Staples employees, but they were making a point, a stupid gang point. Nobody wears red in Crips territory. That's the point, doesn't matter who you are.
                          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                          HR believes the first person in the door
                          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                          Document everything
                          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Gotta put in my $.02 here..... I used to work for Office Depot.

Back in the day, Office Depot had red shirts (grey for managers). Now they have blue shirts for all employees. Seems like they converted from Bloods to Crips eh?

Comment

This seriously happened somewhere?

A gang doesn't get to decide they "own" a color.

Not as far as I am concerned, they don't.

Sounds like maybe we can afford to send of few platoons
                              of our best and brightest out to Petaluma way so those
                              Staples workers can go to work in safety and peace
                              Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
                              mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X