This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever hear of tact? (Sucky Employee)

This one came from my mom and it happened today. My great-grandmother's birthday is today, as of this day she is 92 years old and she still goes out to lunch with my mom. My mom took her out to their favorite restaurant for lunch and as they took a seat their waitress came to serve them. When she asked my mom and GGM how they were doing, my mom said they were celebrating my GGM's birthday and tells the waitress her age. The waitress actually says "Wow, I hope I don't get to be that old!" She realized what she said and made a saving grace but my mom was pissed needless to say.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
    "Wow, I hope I don't get to be that old!"
    [spookyvoice]

That can be... arranged...

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/creepyvoice]

...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

That is so sad.

Why won't people realise that being old = not having died yet.
      It's a good thing!
      There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Comment

Not only that, but I hope if I make it to 92 with great grankinds that I'm still getting out and about for lunch!

I'm in awe of my grandma, who is in her mid-80's and still goes out to quilting and the like. I hope I make it to be that old and am still active!
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

See, me, my first thought when I found out how old someone is: Holy crap, I hope I'm getting around as well, and looking as good as them when I'm that old.

Hehe, was in the cosmetic section in Fred Meyer when the old gal next to me struck up a conversation. Turns out she was 83, and looked like she was in her early 70s. I blurped out, "Holy crap!" without thinking. She's all, "Is it that bad?" "Hell no, you look damn good." "Why thank you, young lady, (whisper) I work out!"
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

OMG - what a moron! My grandmother was 102 when she died, and lived on her own until she was 97 - and i used to take her out places...her favorite was Friendly's - she'd always order grilled cheese! that's wonderful your great-grandmother is still here and able to go out and enjoy things!

We have a customer at our store who brings her mother in every once in a while, and i believe she's in her 90's as well - looks great, and sharp as a tack. The waitress better hope SHE'S doing that well, if she even makes it to that age.

Comment

I know a man who is 88, just came out of the closet and is dating 25 year olds while producing broadway shows. Doesn't sound like a bad life to me!
              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                Hehe, was in the cosmetic section in Fred Meyer when the old gal next to me struck up a conversation. Turns out she was 83, and looked like she was in her early 70s. I blurped out, "Holy crap!" without thinking. She's all, "Is it that bad?" "Hell no, you look damn good." "Why thank you, young lady, (whisper) I work out!"
                Don't knock working out. It probably helps a ton.

I hope I'm still mobile and coherent when I get to my "golden" years.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Man, I didn't expect to reach my twenties, if I'm still here and moderately sane by my 90's, I'll be going "Hell, how did that happen?"

I wanna be like Fabulous Moolah and wrestle my retirement match on my 80th birthday.
                  "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    I hope I'm still mobile and coherent when I get to my "golden" years.
                    Hell, I can barely manage that now sometimes. And I'm only in my late 30's.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                      I know a man who is 88, just came out of the closet and is dating 25 year olds while producing broadway shows. Doesn't sound like a bad life to me!

That sounds like the awesomest dude ever.
                      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

My last grandma alive is in her 80s and the waitress would be dead by now impaled by an electric walker if she said that to her.

That woman is STRONG, both in body and in mind.

She can outcuss me and that's quite a feat! She took care of 14 children in an itty bitty house! She's something else!

The electric walker is because she once had an accident involving an icy ground and a lively puppy.
                        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Question for Shironu

I have never heard of an electric walker. Things like this catch my eye, because I have to use a mobility scooter. I am sure this would be of interest to my friends at wheelchairjunkie.com.

Comment

I bet it was just a foot in the mouth thing. Probably at this very moment she's thinking "I can't believe I said that!"
                            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                            X