This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sobbing drama

Dropped some film off for a 1 hour development. While I was dropping them off there was this young girl (around 13-14 years old) on a cell phone next to the photo booth area. She was talking to a friend of hers, very upset going on about "You broke our friendship, you should of said you wanted to date him". I tried to ignore her while I was handing the film off to the worker, but the girl kept getting louder and louder.

I came back in an hour to pick up my photos, the girl was still there, still talking on the phone. This time her face was soaked with tears, going over old, tried tears and she was struggling to talk. Talk loudly she did though!

Things about how her friend broke the golden rule and she hopes she is happy with her ex boyfriend and how hard and stressful her life is and her friend is adding to it, bla bla bla.

The girl finally stormed off and both the photo booth worker and myself just bust out laughing.

If you have problems, don't announce them to the world next to a cash register.
    "I bring to the table....the badger gun!"

Quoth Sept View Post
    Things about how her friend broke the golden rule and she hopes she is happy with her ex boyfriend and how hard and stressful her life is and her friend is adding to it, bla bla bla.
    Oh, to be 14 again, and think that the entire world revolves around you. God, I am thankful that I grew up!
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Are you kidding me I can't help but eavesdrop on cell phone conversations like that.

I can't get enough. Days and Passions don't cut it for me.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Evesdrop, hell. That's free public theatre. I partake openly in that sort of thing. I might even comment. Obviously, it's not private.

Comment

She was there for an HOUR??

Ungodly phone bill much?
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
            She was there for an HOUR??

Ungodly phone bill much?
            What would she care? I'd lay my last bill down that says that she doesn't pay for her phone.
            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I LOVE audience participation phone calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You're damn right Spiffy. Mommy and Daddy probably pay for it. That and for her 100000000 text messages a month.

Don't worry, within 10 years I will be frying little brats like her on the witness stand when I'm a prosecuting attorney or even *gasp* DA several years down the road. I can't wait.

"But I didn't KNOOOOOW I was stealing a car!"

Comment

And some girls never grow out of the "you stole my boyfriend" stage. I saw two women in men's wear screaming at each other as if they were on the Springer show about it once. I just about called security, they were that loud. I thought it would come down to bitch slapping/hair pulling in a minute.

The kicker, they were both at least 25 years old and had their kids with them. They came in the store together and one was threatening to leave the other behind.

Comment

Meh. If the bastard cheated on me, the other woman is welcome to 'im. I'll just give her my number and tell her to call me when he does the same thing to her a few months later and we can do drinks.
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Really.

I told my husband if he ever cheats on me, he better make damn sure the broad is an excellent lay. Because she's going to be the one with a free pass to him.

Comment

Its more fun when they think you can't hear or don't understand. Which happens a lot in ye old multi-cultural Vancouver. I Gaijin Smashed(tm) a poor Japanese girl next to me on the Skytrain last summer. She was speaking fairly loudly, but in Japanese, which isn't that common around here so she thought she was safe.

Problem is she was complaining about the size of her boyfriend's, er, equipment. Soon as she said it I just turned and looked at her like O.o. She went beat red and got really quiet on the phone after that.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                          Its more fun when they think you can't hear or don't understand.
                          Oh God, is it ever.
                          A girl at school said that she was out at a Mexican restaurant with her mom, who speaks Spanish. The staff began to talk (in Spanish) about the girl (she didn't say what they said specifically), and her mom scared the hell out of them when she said 'What did you say about my daughter?"
                          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                            Meh. If the bastard cheated on me, the other woman is welcome to 'im. I'll just give her my number and tell her to call me when he does the same thing to her a few months later and we can do drinks.
                            That would be my thinking as well.

Once a Tomcat, always a Tomcat I always say.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

If I ever got married and my husband cheated on me, he better get ready to live in a cardboard box in the middle of the highway.

That or be missing a certain body part.

Comment

Working...
                              X