This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another time when I didn't get service

I was over at the mall on the weekend, picking up a few things with bf. Our last stop was a vacuum store. I wanted a little dustbuster - hand-held, rechargeable, etc, to use to clean the floors in my car. For other things also, but that was the main reason.

Anyway, I'm holding their ad and pointing out the different ones to bf, and the two employees are sitting near the register (it's a tiny store), chatting. I try one out, and one guy calls out, "you can get a better one for $70!" Seriously, neither of them get up, but they try to "upsell" me while at the back of the store (we're at the front).

Bf and I just left. I understand if employees are busy, and I can see them helping other customers. They'll get to us when they can. But two guys chatting in an empty store? We went to Mum's department store, and I saw a better one, so I'm gonna go back with her discount card to get it.
    Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
    Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
    <3 Arrested Development

This story strikes me as really funny. I don't understand those guys.

I mean, if they're going to sit on their butts when a customer walks in, that's fine with me. I'll either shop there or I won't, depending on the level of service I need, but I'll never be personally offended by someone's lack of interest in their job. But then they try to upsell. So clearly, they've got some interest in excelling in their field.

Someone needs to tell them that getting off their butts is a good start. Then they can work towards more advanced salesmanship.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

See thats when you reply "well why dont you get your butt over here and actually try to sell me something"

Then you let them talk for at least 10 minutes, stringing it out as long as possible, get it up to the register and let me them almost start ringing it in... then change your mind.If your time isnt good enough for them, there time isnt good enough for you.
      When I worked in retail I worked my butt off, sure I had my bad days but I left when I was becoming bitter and jaded. The reason I worked retail was because I like being around people.... retail is no place for a lazy or shy worker.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
      X