This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the race card!

My fiancee and I went out to eat at Logan's Roadhouse yesterday because they had an awesome deal. 2 meals for 12.99. There seemed to be a problem at the table behind us, because they sent something back and I heard apologies from the waiter. Toward the end of the meal a manager was called to the table.

My fiancee was sitting closest to the table so he overheard what was said. Some background; at Logan's when you walk in there are two hostesses at the door that seat people. One goes to seat a group while the other hostess stays up there. Each hostess takes turns seating people. Yesterday there was one black hostess and one white hostess. According to the people behind us the white hostess ignored them while the black hostess sat them.

The manager tried to explain that each hostess takes turn so that is probably why the black hostess sat them, not that the white hostess had a problem seating a black couple. The couple than said they heard a racist remark said from some of the other staff. The staff seemed very diverse too me, their were white staff, black staff, and arabic staff. Personally to me it semed that they wanted a free meal.

In the end they not only had their entire bill comped they got coupons for more free food at another Logan's. I'm off to e-mail the company about the wonderful service I received from all the staff.

Quoth Thrifty View Post
    I'm off to e-mail the company about the wonderful service I received from all the staff.
    Good for you!!!!!!!!!

I can't help but wonder how many NICE letters companies get vs. the number of complaint letters. Probably not even close to half.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      I can't help but wonder how many NICE letters companies get vs. the number of complaint letters. Probably not even close to half.
      That's why when I had to deal with the anti-Semitic bitch at Pep Boys some time ago...I *gladly* told the employee if she said something to his boss because he "refused to help her because she was black" I'd stand up for him. It just happened that he was helping someone, and she didn't want to wait in line for a few minutes. He said that he appreciated it, but it wasn't necessary. Turns out the boss saw what had happened.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Yet another example of SCs lying to get their way and the spineless managers that allow it to happen.

Comment

Ohh no...It pisses me off SO MUCH when people play the race card...they like to take advantage of the fact that they're a minority...
          For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
          -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Working...
          X