This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cussing out a bank employee, yeah...

I was speaking to my manager on the phone today. She feels compelled to tell me the intricate details of her day-to-day life for some reason. Today she was telling me how she was arranging to switch banks because her current bank really "effed things up".

If I understand what happened, her husband deposited a $4,000 payroll check on Friday, keeping $500 in cash. For some reason they thought the money would be available completely at midnight on Friday. My mgr. went in on Monday and was told she couldn't withdraw any money because they check hadn't cleared. She was told it would be available at midnight. So, instead of leaving it at that, she got into it with the bank employee and went off on her about having bills to pay and so on and so forth, and somewhere in the midst of that my mgr. called the employee a "fucking bitch".

Wow. Just wow. How can you work in any kind of service (retail, food, etc.) and assume that it is ever okay to verbally assault an employee because you aren't being told what you want to hear?

At this point I kind of just tuned her out, and luckily a customer came up to the counter, because I just didn't know what to say to her.

--Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Uh, manager or not, you do what I do with the Towel Tosser when she gets uppity. You explain in great detail how that is not the way to act.

We've got to tell these people that they are not anything but crass, rude, and hateful. If she had someone tell her that she behaved badly, then at the very least she'll stop telling you about it.
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Working...
    X