This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad's idiot customer experience

Years ago, every Sunday after church, it was a tradition for my family to stop by Dunkin' Donuts and get a dozen donuts to bring home for breakfast. Well, my dad went in there this one time to pick them. He came out with a story he tells to this day about a moronic customer:

So Dad is waiting in line, and this lady in front him steps up to the cashier and asks (and I believe this story is 100% true),

"Do you carry low-cal donuts?"

Whenever my dad tells this story, he always shakes his head at the stupidity of it all and say,

"Lady, will you listen to yourself?! They're donuts... fried dough! They're delicious, but..."
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

If they ever make a low-calorie donut, its just not going to taste the way this lady wants it to. Donuts are yummy because they're fried in oil. I suppose you could bake a donut, but then its just not going to taste like a donut, is it?

Sometimes you just have to admit to yourself that if you want to lose weight, there are some foods you'll just need to give up or only have in very small quantities.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
      "Do you carry low-cal donuts?"
      Donut holes?

Cut the donuts in half and will yourself to only have the one half?

Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well, relatively speaking, a plain glazed donut is lower in calories than a donut filled with cream or jelly and covered in frosting and powdered sugar...personally I go for the plain or chocolate frosted glazed donuts (stopped for one yesterday on my way to work...luckily getting out of the Dunkin Donuts parking lot is more trouble that it's worth most days)
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
        X