This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man apologizes for SC wife

Ok so i went to the liquor store to pick some stuff up and overheard this conversation while i was paying:

e1-employee 1
    e2- employee 2
    sch- sc's husband

sch: is either of you the store manager?
    e1: nah i'm just one of the lowly workers around here
    e2: maybe i can help you
    sch: oh well i just want to apologize for my wife, older lady, thin, gray hair....she doesn't know what the hell she's doing.
    e1: yeah we noticed that....
    sch: she has (some disease i can't pronounce or spell) that makes her act like that, so i just wanted to come in and apologize.

ok so this would have been a much better story if i actually knew what had happened. but alas, i always seem to miss the good stuff.

but it's nice to see there are some good people left in this world.
    Last edited by katie kaboom; 06-24-2007, 12:17 AM. Reason: word choice
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
    sch: she has (some disease i can't pronounce or spell) that makes her act like that, so i just wanted to come in and apologize.
    Probably alzheimers. My mother in law is in the early stages of it, where you can still take her out, but you aren't sure how she may act.

Comment

That was nice of him indeed

Comment

Good for him!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, though, if he has to return to places to apologize...she shouldn't be allowed out by herself?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Good for him!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, though, if he has to return to places to apologize...she shouldn't be allowed out by herself?
          yeah, i was thinking the same thing. i know if i had a spouse that was like that, i'd prefer to just do the shopping myself and leave them at home.

Comment

Same here, Katie.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Good for him!!!!!!!!!!

................and what is she doing at a liquor store if she's sick like that........
              Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Quoth SnapAddict218 View Post
                ................and what is she doing at a liquor store if she's sick like that........
                another good question. all i can say is, people are weird.

Comment

Perhaps the man works for a living. What's he supposed to do, tie his wife up before he leaves in the morning? Sometimes it's unavoidable. But I think it was nice of him to come apologize. (that's why my aunt took a leave of absence when it was discovered that my uncle had inoperable brain tumors - she didn't know what he'd do if left alone, so she never did.)
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                    Perhaps the man works for a living. What's he supposed to do, tie his wife up before he leaves in the morning?
                    I don't know, this was an older couple. Most likely he was retired anyway. And even if she had still been working i would guess she would have had to stop when she got diagnosed with whatever it is she actually has.

Comment

Well, I'm just saying. I have a friend who's a cab driver. This guy played for the Chicago Blackhawks back in the 50s, so he's at least in his 70s now. He works for a living, but his wife is at home.
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                      X