This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supersized Karma with a Sprite!

Ahh, don't ya just love the smell of karma in the evening?

I was coming home earlier tonight from visiting friends in Pittsburgh. I got hungry and stopped at McDonalds. The scene is typical for 10:45pm. Cars circling the building waiting for drive-thru, lobby packed with people, like myself, who think that walking in will be faster. It never is, but we still have hope. Tonight wasn't one of those nights either. There's one guy working the window, one woman working the lobby and a guy cooking, or at least that's all I saw.

As I'm waiting in line, maybe the 9th or 10th in line I hear the worker at the window welcome the next customer. Now those communication systems are horrible, as we all know, but I most definately heard the guy ordering pretty distinctly...

SDC = Sucky drive-thru customer
    OUW = Overworked, underpaid worker

SDC: Lemme have a number 3 super-sized with a Sprite.

OUW: That's a number 3 super-size with a Sprite? Anything else?

SDC: That's it, yes.

OUW: That'll be $4.51 sir. Please pull to the second window.

SDC: I will as soon as these assholes in front of me get the hell outa my way.

I saw OUW roll his eyes. One thing worthy of mentioning at this point is that at this particular MickeyD's a number 3 meal is a Quarter pounder with cheese. I know, because that's what I was going to order if it ever got to my turn in the lobby.

3 or 4 minutes later...

OUW: Number 3 supersized and a Sprite?

SDC: Says nothing and holds up a bill that the worker had to reach way out the window to grab.

OUW: makes change, bags the delicacies and hands them to SDC and says thank you. No biggie, right? Would I be writing this if it was?

Fast forward 2 minutes...

A guy throws the lobby door open and walks past me right up to the counter.

SDC: I was just in the drive-thru. (Not using his inside voice) I ASKED FOR A NUMBER 3! THIS AIN'T A DAMN NUMBER 3!

OUW: (looks in bag) I'm sorry sir, but that is a number 3, a Quarter pounder with cheese and it is supersized like you asked for.

SDC: Don't gimme that shit. I ordered a number 3. That's a fish sandwich!

OUW: (walks over to the to nicely lit sign and points directly to panel that says that a number 3 is not a fish sandwich, it's a [say it with me folks] Quarter-pounder with cheese)

SDC: Well the one outside said a number 3 was the fish.

OUW: No it doesn't sir. I've been here since 5pm. (it's now about 11pm) I would think that I would have got a few complaints if it were different outside.

SDC is mortally wounded. He puts his QPC back in the bag and slinks away like the worm he was.

Enter karma.

A couple of us watch as the guy goes outside and about a minute later he runs back in.

SDC: Can you call the cops for me. Someone stole my damn car.

Idiot boy left it running right outside the door.
    Last edited by bigjimaz; 06-24-2007, 09:58 AM.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

You know what? It's exactly that kind of confusion that makes me order by the name of the food, instead of the numbers. And the numbers change from location to location sometimes, but if I say "Gimme a quarterpounder please," then I know that's what I'm going to get.

And if this guy would have just payed more attention, he'd have been fine. Whatta jerk. Though I do hope they find his car. Preferably painted some gawdawful scheme.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post

Whenever I see a car left running with no one in, I have the urge to drive it away, Just around the corner, to teach the idiots a lesson.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I find ordering the name confuses the hell out of the McDonald Workers near where I am.

I order the same breakfast whenever I'm there.

Sausage Biscuit with Egg, Sausage McMuffin with Egg.

Simple right?

I've had it screwed up dozens of times.

Just yesterday, the worker entered in A sausage mcmuffin and a sausage mcmuffin with egg, no cheese....

I should've known it wasn't going to be smooth when he took 3 minutes and over 30 keystrokes to enter my order.

I just sighed and pointed up on the lit menu board. "It's just a number 2 and a number 5, just the sandwiches".

He looked at me like a cow would look at an oncoming train, totally confused.

Luckily, his female co-worker was a bit more intelligent and had to cover for his screw ups before and just asked me what I ordered, I told her, she threw the right ones in the bag and told me to have a good day.

Comment

In some places, it's illegal to leave a car running when no one is in it.

In other news, I now want McDonalds and will have to wait 11 hours.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

how much you wanna bet he just stared ahead the whole time?
            People are stupid!

Comment

Awesome story!

My advice to this guy: If you feel the need to be such an utter dick about something, you should double-check that you're at least correct, lest you become an object of bemusement for others.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                In other news, I now want McDonalds and will have to wait 11 hours.
                As an update, I did not get McDonald's yesterday. Maybe today.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  In some places, it's illegal to leave a car running when no one is in it.
                  I'm pretty sure it is here in West Virginia. I also believe it's illegal to leave the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked, without the engine running, which I believe is one of those laws passed because someone actually did it. In my mind, you would have to be a complete and total moron (aka SC) in order to leave your car in such a condition that screams "STEAL ME!! TAKE ME!! I'M ALL YOURS!" to any would be thieves.
                  A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I've only ever had someone try to steal my car once...

Just finished shopping and was getting into my (borrowed from my roomie) car (a beaut of a Mustang) when a gang-banger stepped up and said "Gimmie your keys, b*#ch!"... with no visible weapons (and no way of carrying without his pants falling off...).

Keep in mind that I had just had a baby, was suffering post-partum depression, hadn't slept in 2 weeks and was generally a cranky person.

I verbally castrated him. Badly. To the point that he pissed himself... and ran off looking like he was about to crap himself too. The verbal barrage started off like this "First off, I'm not a b*#ch... I'm a stripper!"... then it got baaaaaad.

I went home, handed the keys off to my roomie and said, while laughing hysterically, "Don't worry... your car's fine!" He, of course, freaked out and wanted to go try to find the S.O.B. who'd tried to carjack me.

I still find it one of the funniest moments of my life. Second only to the reaction of the crack addict that tried to rob me while I was walking to the hospital, with my roomie's sister, in labor. (That one still cracks me up.)

I'm so when someone deserving gets in the way of one of my bad moods.
                    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
                    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
                    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
                    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                      [SDC: Can you call the cops for me. Someone stole my damn car.

How much you wanna bet he forgot to set the parking brake and it rolled away?
                      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

So what just DO they call a quarter pounder with cheese in other countries? Royale with cheese?
                        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

When I was 13 I was in a rather bad part of town with my family (We were hungry, road trip) and we stopped at a Mcdonalds. I wanted some fresh air so I sat outside. A guy pulls up, leaves his car running, and walks in. 5 seconds later a guy comes from nowhere and steals it. I wanted to call that guy an idiot for being dumb enough to leave his car running.
                          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                            When I was 13 I was in a rather bad part of town with my family (We were hungry, road trip) and we stopped at a Mcdonalds. I wanted some fresh air so I sat outside. A guy pulls up, leaves his car running, and walks in. 5 seconds later a guy comes from nowhere and steals it. I wanted to call that guy an idiot for being dumb enough to leave his car running.
                            And he still hasnt' learned his lesson!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                            X