This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• badtrucker

saw this one while at work. just copying verbatum what i sent to molson canada. i don't tolerate idiots in transport trucks.
    Incident occurred at
    Fri. July 6, 2007
    2:09 pm

A Molson company transport truck was attempting to pull into __ Plaza. Instead of pulling normally into the plaza and turning once into the lot, driver instead attempts to back into parking lot off of the town’s main highway, __.
    He stops the truck in the westbound lane, and begins backing after using his air horn to alert traffic. Traffic in both the west and eastbound lanes stop and attempted to get out of his way.
    __has a median in the middle of the street at this location. Driver swings wide while backing, and rides up onto the curb alongside the plaza front (approx. 3'wide walking path).
    Instead of correcting this mistake by pulling ahead into the westbound lane and correct his angle, he instead pulls forward into the eastbound lane, on the opposite side of the median. Pulling within inches to the front bumper of a pickup-truck in the eastbound lane, he proceeds to back up again. This process is repeated a few more times until he manages to get into the parking lot.
    Once in the lot, he proceeds to back all the way to the loading dock.
    Though I could not get a camera handy until after he was off the main road, I took a picture of his license plate, truck number, and the driver himself. I also included an image of the roadway in question and of the driver backing through the lot. I can realy these images to you at your request via email.
    I do not wish for the employee’s termination, but perhaps a written warning is in order. I would also be comforted if he was perhaps switched to a route that would better suit his qualifications.
    As someone who lives and works in the town of __, I was appalled at his manner of driving while in a company vehicle, let alone an 18-wheeler. His actions were hazardous to many around him, and it is with sheer dumb luck that no-one was hurt.

Sincerely yours,
    Siead Liet-Rathua

all of us at work were standing at the windows praying that the idiot didn't hit the building.
    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

It's possible that driver does not work for Molson directly, since he was doing a store delivery. Find out who in your area does distribution for Molson and contact them also with your info. Either check the yellow pages for "Beer Distributer" or ask at any store that carry's Molson. Also check your pictures and see if there is a comapny name on the doors of the cab.

Comment

Heh. The delivery guys at my store have taken down trees, high bushes, fences, and clipped more vehicles than any one person can count.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
        It's possible that driver does not work for Molson directly, since he was doing a store delivery.
        the entire truck is covered in molson logos. but that is why i took images of their plates and truck number (edited the paragraph with those numbers out on here)
        Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Just because the truck was covered in logos doesn't mean that he works directly for Molson. My dad delivers parts for Ford and his trailer is covered with Ford parts logos, and the truck itself has an applied decal of the company that holds the delivery contract, but techincally he is an independant owner/operator who is subcontracted to, despite having labels from two different companies on the unit. It is entirely possible that it is simply a condition of the contract to have certain designs/stencils/logos prominently displayed on the delivery vehicle, especially if daytime runs are common.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Just because the truck was covered in logos doesn't mean that he works directly for Molson.
            One of the beer distributers here has multiple trucks with different beer company logos on them. The only clue to the actual owner is the drivers door carries the name/address/phone number of the beer distributer.

They look similar to this one.
            Notice the company name on the passenger door. That's what you would want to look for.

Comment

i never said it wasn't owned by another company, i said i saw no other company logos on it. the doors of the cab were only plastered with molson logos, no other company.
              if i had seen the logos of the trucking company i would have written them instead.

edited to add link

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...g?t=1183920053
              Last edited by siead_lietrathua; 07-08-2007, 06:36 PM.
              Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Working...
              X