This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank god for honest people!

I wasn't sure where to put this, since we don't really have a "Praising employees" section. If it's in the wrong place, I'm sure I'll move it.

Anyway, my wife and I decided to go to the local barbecue place for dinner Friday night. I paid with my credit card, and we left.

When I got to the car, I found out my son had tried to call my cell, which I had left in the car. As I was calling him back, I saw the waitress run out the door and to my car, with my credit card in her hand. Stupid me, I had left it on the table. I can be so scatterbrained sometimes.

It's nice to see that there are still some honest people in the world.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

I think your a little jaded.

Sure there are sucky people out there, but most won't resort to theft and fraud on a federal level.

Comment

How nice.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
        I think your a little jaded.

Sure there are sucky people out there, but most won't resort to theft and fraud on a federal level.
        True, but she didn't have to run it out to the car. She could have easily said, "I'm not chasing after him! If he wants it, he's going to have to come back for it!"
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

If I could still see the customer I would try to catch them before they got out the door. But I've never run outside after one; of course, if I was alone at register I couldn't go outside..
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

A woman and her daughter were checking out one evening and when they got their money out the realized they had lost a 50 dollar bill. They thought maybe they had left it in their car so they paid for their purchase with their other money and left.

I moved away from the counter to start straightening the floor and lo and behold 50 dollar bill on the floor. I picked it up and ran out after them. It only took 2 minutes at most and 50 dollars is a whole lot to lose.

Comment

Working...
            X