This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More restaurant devils.

Princess Snake's story reminded me of this little gem from a week ago...

This happened at a local restaurant that my hunny and I frequent. Setting the scene- this is a popular place. It is HUGE. There are tables everywhere, and it is almost always packed. There are so many tables and so many people, we have yet to figure out how the servers know which area is theirs, because it's basically just a big open floor.

One night, we spot these children, RUNNING full out all over the restaurant. They are weaving between tables. Dashing between servers (who carry heavy platters, and some sizzling hot dishes, mind you). Dashing around chairs...three kids. Two older ones chasing a toddler.

We have NO IDEA where the parents are seated. It was a FULL HOUSE and these kids are going from one end to the other. Oh and they all have heelies on, too. The floor is all boarded so I guess they had to run since they couldn't possibly "heel around" without taking a nose dive. We witness the hostess, a few servers (and one server in particular spoke to these children SEVERAL times) try to get these kids to take their seats. At one point, the two older kids are picking up the younger one by hands and feet and dragging him through the restaurant. Eventually, they were far enough away from us that we weren't really paying attention, so I'm not sure what happened to them- but we stopped seeing them. And finally, we see them all leave with their parents.

I have several problems with this scenario.

1) Disturbance for the other patrons

2) Safety hazard for themselves, the servers and other patrons.

3) This is a BIG. CROWDED. place. They are at one end, and the parents are at another. They can't POSSIBLY have had their children in sight the whole time. The What If's, though unlikely, are not impossible to imagine.

I was tempted to back my chair up at juuuuust the right moment when those little heathen ran by...

But I don't like to hurt people, even horrible, deserving brats.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Quoth DesignFox View Post
    I was tempted to back my chair up at juuuuust the right moment when those little heathen ran by...
    Too bad you didn't have to use the restroom or something...at just the right time, of course.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Why do I get this gut feeling that the family either got a huge discount or a free meal for the server having the nerve to say something to their little angels?

Comment

I don't think that happened. But, again, I wasn't close enough to tell. From where we were sitting, we couldn't even see the parents until the whole family walked across the restaurant to leave.
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

When I see the whole family leaving that is when I start clapping out of joy - and get at least my whole table going - and usually several more

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
            Last night buying groceries, there were two kids, old enough to know better, running around the store while their mother shopped. Everytime I saw them in the same aisle as me, I made sure I was "accidentily" taking up the whole aisle with my cart, so they'd have to stop and try to get around me.

Comment

I bet the two older ones were trying to catch the toddler so they could drag him back to the table, but that's not something you set two other children to do. That is something where you get up off your lazy butt and go catch your child yourself!
              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
              The Office

Comment

Working...
              X