X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PETA--People Eating Tasty Animals

JMHO
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
      because Red Dye #20 is shown to lead to a 6% increase in prostate cancer rates.
      WHAT?!?! AAAAAA!!!!!!
      Heh.
      Quoth Pagan View Post
      Remember this about life: Ain't nobody gettin' outta here alive!
      Or how about "Life: An STD with 100% mortality rate"
      Or: Why take life seriously? You'll never make it out alive!
      Or: I'm too busy living to get busy dying.
      Or: Life's too short to worry about how I'm going to die.

Or...you get the idea.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I gave up worrying about what I eat a long time ago. The way I figure it, you gotta die of something.

Comment

My philosophy is as follows

"...Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, coca cola in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Comment

Quoth coldcupofjoe View Post

"...Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, coca cola in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
            EXACTLY!! Jeez, I can't believe I forgot that one!
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Or as I say; "Who wants to live to be doubly incontinant, drooling and unable to speak? I already went thru all that as a baby."

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                I hate it when they say stuff like that. They did studies you know! Scientist-type peoples! My cousin's boyfriend's ex-husband told me! Why isn't no one ever asks who? "They did it" and "it's been proven" seems to be enough for people. Cite your claims, people.
                Disclaimer: Not aiming to start any political debate on the larger issue here, nor am I looking to make my views known.

I saw a car the other day with a bumper sticker that says "Abortion Causes Cancer"...whether you are pro-choice or not, there is no proof to support the assertion and there are studies that refute it. I hate seeing outright falsehoods plastered all over to promote a political viewpoint.

And what's the point of living to 100 if you spend the whole time worrying and uptight about how you're getting there? Pass the ice cream!
                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-22-2007, 02:02 AM.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  Disclaimer: Not aiming to start any political debate on the larger issue here, nor am I looking to make my views known.

I saw a car the other day with a bumper sticker that says "Abortion Causes Cancer"...whether you are pro-choice or not, there is no proof to support the assertion and there are studies that refute it. I hate seeing outright falsehoods plastered all over to promote a political viewpoint.

And what's the point of living to 100 if you spend the whole time worrying and uptight about how you're getting there? Pass the ice cream!
                  From what I've seen, heard, and read about various topics, you can find a study to support just about any opinion that exists, if you look hard enough. I lost count of how many disagreeing statements were in the various pregnancy books I read, all of them citing "studies" that were done.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth coldcupofjoe View Post

I love that quote - who said it (or the original sentiment this is based on), I can't remember!

Comment

Health nuts should feel really dumb when they're 100 years old and dying of NOTHING.

Comment

That might have been a sarcastic one, making fun of how everything causes cancer.

PETA people drive me nuts. Anyone hear that story of the couple that got arrested in Florida (I think?) for killing and disposing of the animals they were "rescuing"?

Fighting for a good cause is one thing. Being fanatically crazy about anything is a horrible thing. You are so much more likely to turn people away from your cause by doing it that way.
                        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                        The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post

PETA people drive me nuts. Anyone hear that story of the couple that got arrested in Florida (I think?) for killing and disposing of the animals they were "rescuing"?

Yeah...www.petakillsanimals.com has statistics. Grrr, it makes me mad, cause before that story came out I would not have thought twice about surrendering an animal to PETA, if I had to surrender a pet.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                            Health nuts should feel really dumb when they're 100 years old and dying of NOTHING.
                            Only problem...at that age, they *remember* nothing My great-grandmother lived to be 103. Great health, but her mind was gone. She had no idea who I was. Not surprising, since she lived about 400 miles away, but still. Odd thing about her, was that she never learned to drive. She made up for it with shuffleboard--she kicked some serious ass. Also, she taught some of us to swear in German

I'm not sure I really want to live that long. Sure, it would be cool to see the flying cars, but would it be worth it?
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Edgar Friendly in Demolition Man puts it well:

"You see, according to Cocteau's plan I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green jello all over my body reading playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener"."

This both takes care of the "cancer" discussion as well as PETA thinking they control whether I eat a double bacon cheeseburger or a veggie burger, it's my choice, and they probably are the 47 year old virgin sitting around his beige pajamas, drinking a banana broccoli shake singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Veggie Dog*"

I pray to any and all gods that these don't exist.
                              Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

A friend of mine (who, ironically, runs a sausage making business) told me he drives waaaaay too fast to worry about his cholestrol.

Comment

Working...
                                X