This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help on this.

Ok, about a month ago I bought a DS with FF3, the clerk said I could also get the manual for a little cheaper, sincing I'm buying a system and a game. So I said yes, I'll buy the FF3 walkthrough.

I buy it, and waiting for the clerk to get the book, he comes back and says they're out of stock, could they call me when they get it in. No big deal.

About a week ago, three weeks after I already paid for the book, they call and say they got it in.

Now here is where I made a mistake, but I had to work and couldn't come into the game crazy til yesterday. I go in, and the clerk said that the manager sold it.

Here is where it gets strange.

They don't have any in stock. At all. But, the clerk gave me his CELL PHONE number, and told me to call him sometime, and he'll give me HIS FF3 walkthrough, and he'll get another copy when they get the shipment in. I was alittle taken aback, and left the store.

I went in this morning to talk to the manager.
    He said it was a little strange that a clerk would do that, but he didn't see the big deal. I already paid for the manueal, and he said he might get some in stock next month, he doesn't know, because apperently he can't order it til after inventory, because the computer says he already has one, but its not in the store, (Possibly stolen) so he has to wait til after inventory.

He said I should't have waited, that after a day or so, they can't keep it in holding.

I already PAID for the god damn manual, and they keep going around in circles.

and why the hell would a clerk give me his number, and offer to give me his, (a used copy then...). I paid for a new book, and the clerk said they had it in stock to begin with.

I have what I can do now, and it seems liek the manager isn't even going to bother getting another copy.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

If it were me, I would politely ask for a refund. I would tell them at this point you have played the game through and don't need it anymore.

There are plenty online:http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/game/924897.html
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Yep, ask for a refund.

P.S. how is FF3 for DS? Is it worth getting? And does it use the stylus at all?
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

It's a very good game. Fully updated for the DS, and you can control the entire game with just the stylus, no need to use the pad and buttons at all.

The job system takes a bit of getting used to, since it works quite differently from the Job systems in later FF games, but it's a worthy investment of time.
        Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
          About a week ago, three weeks after I already paid for the book, they call and say they got it in.

They don't have any in stock. At all. But, the clerk gave me his CELL PHONE number, and told me to call him sometime, and he'll give me HIS FF3 walkthrough, and he'll get another copy when they get the shipment in. I was alittle taken aback, and left the store.

He said it was a little strange that a clerk would do that, but he didn't see the big deal. I already paid for the manueal, and he said he might get some in stock next month, he doesn't know, because apperently he can't order it til after inventory, because the computer says he already has one, but its not in the store, (Possibly stolen) so he has to wait til after inventory.
          I don't know why the clerk would have done this, but it kind of sounds like he's got the one that the mgr says they have in stock. Was the clerk offering to just give it to you or sell it to you?
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post

He said I should't have waited, that after a day or so, they can't keep it in holding.

I already PAID for the god damn manual, and they keep going around in circles.
            Right. This is a BIG problem. By rights that copy was yours. If someone else wanted it, they could order it and pre-pay like you had to do. The were not *holding* it for you, it was something you had already paid for.

You have your receipt, right? Call corporate. Today.

Comment

Sounds like the clerk was trying to be nice (or at least I hope that was the case).
              Often i've found that gamers who work in games stores are some of the nicest people I've ever met.

One time I went into our local gamestop, and I wanted to buy another guitar control for Guitar Hero. They only one they had was used, and it didn't have a strap. I asked if they had one, the guy said he would check. He then went out the front door. I thought that was weird. He came back in with a strap, turns out he went to his car and gave me the strap off his controller and would grab one off the next refurb they got.

Needless to say, I buy all my game stuff there.

Comment

At this point...I say just tell them you want a refund. It's not worth the aggravation. If you really want it I would think you could probably find it on ebay or something. Or take a chance that the employee really is just being a nice guy...

Though I don't really understand why they can't order another book until after inventory. Just because the computer says they have one? Doesn't make sense to me (in my experience, on-hand numbers are often wrong). If they can't find it in the store why the hell can't they order another one? What do they do if two people want to buy it at the same time? They have to sell one and wait for the computer to adjust before they can order another? Weird...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X