Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you don't want to hear about my replacement passport taking all of two days to obtain, then? No? Thought not...

Seriously, i lost my passport a week before i was due to fly to China on a business trip (and I was slack and had delayed getting my visa). So I got all the forms filled in and countersigned, got an emergency appt at the passsport office the next day, and was able to collect my new shiny pasport from the same office the next morning. They even rang me to tell me it was ready for collection. Pretty excellent service, really.
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

Took me almost no time to get mine. Applied on April 30th, got it in the mail around mid-May. And that was including the fact that I had to use a special form on account that I didn't have a guarantor. Granted, I was in line most of the day at the passport office, but if I'd not had to use that form, there were a half dozen other locations that I could have gone to to drop it off without having to use the mail-in option.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
        Second part, not true. Paperwork and bureaucracy have existed for millenia.
        I know that. I was being a smartass
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Y'all made me have to go look at my passport - ahh good to 2011. My DD's expired 2006, guess I should look into getting hers renewed.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Question:

If someone's born in the US to people allowed to live there but with foreign passports (Aus. to be exact), they are US citizens, right? (Does this apply to UK too?)

What happens if said folks later apply for ILR (Indefinite leave to remain) in England and move there? Do the kid's passports change?
            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
              After he left, she said to us, "Those people make me sick. They don't speak English and he's probably here to get his twelve children passports so they could live here illegally!"
              if they're entitled to a US passport, they are citizens and are not here illegally.

if anyone should know that, it's a passport office worker.

Comment

Working...
              X