This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sighting And A Compliment

Our local supermarket has a deli/meat department. I was waiting in line behind this dizzy woman. She first asks for sliced roast beef sandwich meat. The meat counter guy slices it for only to have her change her mind and want chicken after he finished. He gives me an apologetic look and starts in on the chicken.

The lady starts reading the deli sign and promptly decides she wants a sandwich as well. He asks her what she wants on it and she hems and haws trying to decide. It's a small town deli with a limited menu not Subway. She decides on swiss, turkey, mayo, and mustard. Meat Guy asks her if it's all she wants, she says Yes.

As he's making the sandwich she is peering intently at him working and then pipes up in a whiny voice "Where's the tomatoes and lettuce?" Meat Guy looking tense as heck grabs some and finishes the sandwich. As she is leaving he turns to me and asks me what I need. We chitchat and I mention how I just got off a 12 hour shift and was tired.

He smiles and says " And you didn't get annoyed and greeted me with a smile, most people would have yelled and me by then. You are one of the most patient customers I ever had."

I couldn't help it I grabbed a business card and wrote down the site addy perhaps he'll find his way here.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay you!!!!!!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X