Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rude family + heelies, and sometimes I don’t read the signs either.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude family + heelies, and sometimes I don’t read the signs either.

I know the aggravation caused by heelies has already been well covered on this site, but I ran into a family today when I was out shopping that broke several laws of acceptable customer behavior.

My friend J and I were in a fabric store looking at patterns when these three kids appeared (approx. ages 5-9) the youngest one was whipping around the store on heelies while the other two were running around trying to keep up. Six times that kid flew by us, no parents in sight. We finally get up to go to the register, and as we are walking to the front of the store heelie child comes zooming out between two rows directly into our path. He missed us by maybe less than a foot. If we had stood up 3 seconds earlier, he would have crashed strait into us. grrrr.

Then we get to the front of the store, and as we are waiting in line, those three kids come up to the front with their mother. The brazenly walk past us right up to the cashier just as she's opening a new till to ring us up. Thankfully J, in all her assertive glory, called her on her line cutting and the cashier took us first. (I would have too, but J beat me to it since I was too busy picking my jaw up off the floor)

It took every ounce of energy I had not to tell that mother off.

--Cut to a few hours later--

This is where I can be dumb sometimes too. J and I stopped by Best Buy after dinner. She goes to look at CD's, I went to ask an employee where the bathroom was.

Me-me
    BBE- (really really nice) best buy employee

Me- excuse me, where are your bathrooms
    BBE- *points* go over there by appliances and head to the left
    Me- *looks up, fights desire to slap forehead* oh, you mean by that big sign that says 'restrooms?'
    BBE- that’s the one.

I can be lame too.
    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Quoth ladyklack View Post
    Me- *looks up, fights desire to slap forehead* oh, you mean by that big sign that says 'restrooms?'
    BBE- that’s the one.

I can be lame too.
    That's a Common, or Lesser, Brain Fart. They're a simple malfunction of the process in the human brain that automatically edits out background detail so we're able to function without getting bogged down analyzing every object in our field of view.

It's not suck unless you read PART of a sign, like FREE TOASTER, without reading the conditions that go with it and demand a toaster for nothing.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth ladyklack View Post
      BBE- that’s the one.
      Did you add an, "I'm sorry...I honestly DO make a habit of looking for signs first!!" or some such?

We've all done it, don't worry. :comforting pats: there, there™®
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Did you add an, "I'm sorry...I honestly DO make a habit of looking for signs first!!" or some such?
        I did thank the guy before dashing away (bit of a bathroom emergency)
        Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

That's good to know.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X