This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God-Complex

They are rude, obnoxious, loud, angry, and they are on vacation!!
    I went to a Rainforset Cafe, and the wait was short as hell, 30 minutes. So we're waiting, looking at the shark. And this family of about 10 goes up to the waitress table 5 minutes before we get seated, complaining that they aren't getting seated. I thought, like most rational people that they've been here awhile and that people were getting called before them. Boy was I wrong. They got their ticket, were told 30 minutes, and went straight to be seated. And complained when they were told 30 minutes just like the rest of us. What kinda of self-absorbed jackass does this? Another couple, of the same ethnicity, same size family did the same thing. I think it has more to do with the religion, and the size of the family, and the age of the person. I will mention Caste System, and I think you can figure it out from there. But it's definately the size, and age because I saw a younger couple with one child, same ethnic backround, looking at the shark, and patiently waiting their turn. Why can't the larger families do this? Also don't they realise that it doesn't matter that in their religion that they are the top of the hierarchy, because here we never had, and never will have a social system like theirs? Also, if they pushed me one more time while I was looking at the other critters, I was going to feed them to that shark.

Also in a theme park in Niagara, there was a large, obnoxious, southern, really southern family who did the same. So maybe it's just the fact the the male thinks that he is god of the world. Because, while watching the bears (I LOVE BEARS!!!!) I heard "I can take 'im wit mah bare hands!!!" I would have loved to see that Jim-Bob. With your conferderate shirt, and Nascar hat, and your protruding beer belly. I would love to see you take on a 500 lb bear, that could maul anything in the park, hence why we're 20 feet above them.

I'll edit when I remember more stories.
    Last edited by Aldous; 08-01-2007, 02:48 AM.
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Quoth Aldous View Post
    Also don't they realize that it doesn't matter that in their religion that they are the top of the hierarchy, because here we never had, and never will have a social system like theirs?
    Nope. That would make sense, and as we all know...

On another note, I actually have no problem at all with someone willing to slip a hostess or doorman enough money to make him/her seat them/let them in early. If a person's willing to shell out an extra wad to save themselves a half hour wait, more power to 'em. Capitalism at it's finest there.

Oh, and yeah, the Redneck hicks who do that haven't been in the woods in their LIFE, and have no clue what the animal is capable of. The Hillbillies, the other variety of rural southerner, actually go out hunting and have usually tangled with a boar, a mountain lion, or some other nasty in the 200-300 pound range. They're more likely to say "Daaamn, it'd take a slug from a 12ga to take that thing down,"
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

"Remember, I don't have to be faster than the bear, I just have to be faster than YOU." -Scott Falconbridge

That's my philosophy if I came across a bear in the woods. Because I know if it noticed me, even if I had a gun, I'd probably not have a steady enough aim to shoot it. I know what those suckers are capable of!

And Aldous, did anyone "jump the shark"? *snicker* Sorry, couldn't resist.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        "Remember, I don't have to be faster than the bear, I just have to be faster than YOU." -Scott Falconbridge

That's my philosophy if I came across a bear in the woods. Because I know if it noticed me, even if I had a gun, I'd probably not have a steady enough aim to shoot it. I know what those suckers are capable of!
        Dang skippy! And that's also my answer to people asking what legitimate use a person would have for a military-grade assault weapon. You won't catch me going after a bear with anything less than an MP-5.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Unless it's acting aggressively, you should be able to just back away slowly out of its line of sight, and then walk away calmly.... I've never come across an aggressive bear, but then we don't have Grizzlies here, we only have black bears, and they're pretty good-natured unless you threaten their cubs.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Aldous, are you talking about the Rainforest Cafe just outside of the Animal Kingdom? I was there a few days ago, LOVE that place.

Sci-Fi Diner at MGM is still better

Comment

I ate at the 50's Primetime Cafe, totally cute. The waitress acts like your mom and tells you to clear your plate, get your elbows off the table, etc and every table is in it's own little kitchen from the 50's.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                Oh, and yeah, the Redneck hicks who do that haven't been in the woods in their LIFE, and have no clue what the animal is capable of. The Hillbillies, the other variety of rural southerner, actually go out hunting and have usually tangled with a boar, a mountain lion, or some other nasty in the 200-300 pound range. They're more likely to say "Daaamn, it'd take a slug from a 12ga to take that thing down,"
                Finally, someone else who thinks rednecks and hillbillies are different!
                "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                  I ate at the 50's Primetime Cafe, totally cute. The waitress acts like your mom and tells you to clear your plate, get your elbows off the table, etc and every table is in it's own little kitchen from the 50's.
                  Yup, that place has awesome pot roast. Also try Dad's Electric Blue Lemonade. You can taste a slight bit of lemonade in your giant glass of booze

Comment

I LOVE the Rainforest Cafe. Went there the last time I went to Seattle to visit grampa and step gramma.

From what we experienced, a 30 minute wait there is a SHORT wait. A very short wait!

That and it was $50 for 3 coffees, two soda pops, and 5 desserts.

But it was worth seeing the storm and hearing the servers go "VOLCANO!" every time they brought out a Volcano cake to someone.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
                      Also don't they realise that it doesn't matter that in their religion that they are the top of the hierarchy, because here we never had, and never will have a social system like theirs?
                      Yes you have, you just like to pretend you don't.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        See, here, we've got the opposite problem. We get this: http://www.abqjournal.com/news/metro...ro05-19-07.htm
                        I just wish I could find the video of the poor bear. It was really quite funny to watch!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                          ...and they're pretty good-natured unless you threaten their cubs.
                          Or their Krispy Kremes! Those rascals love their snacks.
                          Retail Haiku:
                          Depression sets in.
                          The hellhole is calling me ~
                          I don't want to go.

Comment

In my apartment we do not talk about the Caste System.

Oh so many rebate forms that I cannot print out of my arse..

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
                              I will mention Caste System, and I think you can figure it out from there.
                              I wouldn't be so quick to blame Hinduism. Your post implies that you grew up here and that they were recent immigrants. There is an attitude that prevails in most of the world (the exceptions would be Protestant Europe, Countries settled by the English and Japan). I can't sum it up in a single word or phrase but the symptoms are: Morality regarding strangers is only limited by what you can get away with. You better screw over the other guy before he screws you over. Wealth and positon are license to be a prick. Nepotism is good.

These attitudes are everywhere but they prevail in poverty stricken countries. What sucks is that it is a sound strategy where every little bit can make a difference towards survival. Which came first is a chicken and egg question.

I see it as much from Eastern Europeans, Mexicans and Chinese.

But it's definately the size, and age because I saw a younger couple with one child, same ethnic backround, looking at the shark, and patiently waiting their turn. Why can't the larger families do this? Also don't they realise that it doesn't matter that in their religion that they are the top of the hierarchy, because here we never had, and never will have a social system like theirs? Also, if they pushed me one more time while I was looking at the other critters, I was going to feed them to that shark.

Quoth Aldous View Post
                              I LOVE BEARS!!!!
                              Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and aligators.
                              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Working...
                              X