Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone who clearly DOESN'T need any more caffeine! (Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone who clearly DOESN'T need any more caffeine! (Long)

Once a week or so, I'll stop at my local Dunkin' Donuts for some coffee - usually if I need more to stay awake at my desk. There's always a line, but it moves pretty quickly...

So a few weeks back, I'm in line, and there is this hyper guy several people in front of me, yapping away on his phone, with his stupid bluetooth headset, bouncing up and down, looking here and there - you know, the type that can't stand still for more than a second. The DD is not very large, and he was practically yelling into his phone, very self important and self-absorbed - he can't stop his business call for a minute to order...then its his turn, and he wants this, and that, and so on....I have no problem with people who order a lot of stuff, but for god's sake, KNOW what you want before you get up there! And then he sees someone several people back in line he obviously works with, and says to the DD guy, "give her whatever she wants" - and she keeps saying "no, I’m fine" and he just won't let it go. She said no, so STFU and get out!

Fast forward to yesterday, I’m right behind him in line, and i KNOW its him, as he keeps answering the phone loudly "hi, its jimmy...." and going on and on. He orders, several iced coffees, ALL with skim milk, and asks no less than FOUR times "are they with skim?" - then proceeds to tell the DD woman "no matter what i say to you, DON'T give me any donuts" - like they care what you order, and if you do, are they going to say no, and stop you? I think not. i think he thought he was being funny, but he wasn't.

Such as self-absorbed, obnoxious, loud you know what. I'm usually not very awake when i go there, and to have to listen to him....I want to smack him. I just want my coffee so i can go to work and wake up!

Ugh. I hate people like that.

Why doesn't he go to Starbucks, where his kind belongs?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

He probably has ADHD so bad that he can't focus on pronouncing the drinks.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I wonder if they are tempted to throw the stale donuts at him...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

^My guess would be yes.
          "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
            He probably has ADHD so bad that he can't focus on pronouncing the drinks.

Good one!!!
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

*Ahem*

People like that don't go to Starbucks. (And by people like that, I do mean the hyperactive variety. Wish I could say the same about the self-important kind. Think I'll go get me some SB in a few... Tazo Iced Green Tea? Sign me up!!!!)
              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
              The Office

Comment

Self important snobs go everywhere, not just Starbucks.

That guy sounded like the typical businessman on a power trip.

They should make "Uber Snob Businessman Ken doll", comes with complete cell phone and bluetooth headset, doesn't need a button to make it talk and it NEVER shuts up, every sentence begins with "You WILL do this..." and "It BETTER not be..." and "So help me GOD if...." and "I'm an important MAN who does business for a living and..."

Also comes with 3 different pairs of dress pants and stain proof dress shirts. The tie doubles as a noose so when you get sick of playing with him, you can either hang him from the ceiling or drag him behind your car and he'll shut up permanently.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  Self important snobs go everywhere, not just Starbucks.

That guy sounded like the typical businessman on a power trip.

They should make "Uber Snob Businessman Ken doll", comes with complete cell phone and bluetooth headset, doesn't need a button to make it talk and it NEVER shuts up, every sentence begins with "You WILL do this..." and "It BETTER not be..." and "So help me GOD if...." and "I'm an important MAN who does business for a living and..."

Also comes with 3 different pairs of dress pants and stain proof dress shirts. The tie doubles as a noose so when you get sick of playing with him, you can either hang him from the ceiling or drag him behind your car and he'll shut up permanently.
                  Did you know that the lid of a toy chest makes a good guillotine?

I found this out when I was 5 . . . . after several of my Barbie dolls developed something in common with Anne Boelyn
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

ms sunshine says:
                    hey, hey, HEY! don't inflict this idiot on us; we have enough just like him already-our cup o' idiot floweth over and then some!
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

*Has ADHD*

Talking excessively is one of the symptoms, on here I may be talkative but in the real world I'm quiet. I didn't speak till I was 2 years old for that matter. DG, did he have a bad habit of organizing things?

And yes I can be hyper at times, I've started thinking maybe that's why I don't need caffeine to wake up.

*Sidenote: ADHD can be present in adults but it can also fade away as children get older, I did a lot of research on it in my final year of school and ditched the Ritalin.
                      Last edited by NightAngel; 08-25-2007, 09:22 AM. Reason: *QUOTE DELETED AT AUTHORS REQUEST*
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                      X