This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My....Mother...

I cannot believe this. My mother has never been a GOOD customer... And sometimes has been a BAD customer... But today she has moved onto SUCKY Customer.

So yesterday my mother and her husband purchased, assumingly while at a loss of their sanity, a big screen TV and a surround sound system. Now... If you wanna go ahead and set up a nice home theater system, more power to you. But everyone here should know... Home Theater Systems are a PROJECT. You just don't BUY one spur of the moment.

So, keeping the other problems out of the thread as they aren't relevant, we realised the stand we used for our old TV, wouldn't be able to hold both the satellite box, the surround sound box, and the TV at the same time. So we need a new one... Off to Electronic Expo!

So they get a new table, put it together and GASP, there are screws missing. They take it back, livid, and demand a new one. The man goes to the back, comes back, and tells them there's no more. Which is common. Electronics stores don't generally stock many furniture pieces... He offers the flood model of the same brand. But it looks all beaten to hell and is unacceptable

He tells my mother she can get it from another store.

Unacceptable.

She tells her they're getting a new one next tuesday.

Unacceptable.

So my mother asks for the managers name, and informs the man she's calling corporate headquarters... And storms out.

As they're halfway down the parking lot the man comes running down, and offers them the floor model of another set... They accept, and on the way home... REALIZE THEY WERE NOT MISSING THE SCREWS.

Apparently when the guys were checking it out and comparing it to the floor model, my mothers husband saw that the screws they thought were missing, was an entirely different type of screw that they in fact HAD. But because my mother was already making a scene, he said nothing, and simply pocketed the screws.

So there you have it. My mother.... Sucky Customer, and her embarrassed Husband.
    "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
    ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Shouldn't they just have turned around & told the poor guy what happened & then have said they were sorry? Pride never did nobody nothing.

Comment

Ugh, I understand completely. Too often have i been the embarrassed daughter who wanted to hide under the table.

Last night:

Host: Here are your drinks, ladies.
      Mom: I'd like the grilled chicken din-
      Host: Oh . . . are you ready to order?
      Mom: Yes.
      Host: The waiter will take your order in just a moment. *leaves*
      Mom: *looking at me* But I was ready!
      Me: *turning red, thinking the waiter probably thinks we're entitlement whores* But he wasn't!

Just embarrassing. Augh!
      ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        Shouldn't they just have turned around & told the poor guy what happened & then have said they were sorry?
        But apologies don't make people as sucky.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Kerrisan:
          Host: Here are your drinks, ladies.
          Mom: I'd like the grilled chicken din-
          Host: Oh . . . are you ready to order?
          Mom: Yes.
          Host: The waiter will take your order in just a moment. *leaves*
          Mom: *looking at me* But I was ready!
          Me: *turning red, thinking the waiter probably thinks we're entitlement whores* But he wasn't!
          I've been in a couple restraunts and done that before. I dont like/understand why they need one person to greet you at the door, another to show you to your table, another to bring you the menus, another to get your order and another to bring it out to ya. Doesnt make sense to me. If the person hands me a menu and I already know what I want I'm gonna start ordering what I want.

Oh well one of the reaosns I prefer mom and pop diners/truck stop diners to fancy restraunts anyways. If you're a regular they sometimes wont even need to give you a menu they just bring what ya order on out to ya.

As for the OP: Sorry about your mother but like they say you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends but you cant pick your family.....

Comment

As for the OP: Sorry about your mother but like they say you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends but you cant pick your family.....
            I do believe it is:

"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can not pick your friends nose."

Comment

To the OP; sorry if I seem to come across as Captain Obvious, but had there been a genuine mistake here, couldn't they just have gone to a hardware store and bought some more screws?
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth MadRocketScientist View Post
                I do believe it is:

"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can not pick your friends nose."
                >_>
                <_<
                *raises hand* I've done that. I got smacked for it, but I did it.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Um yeah the actual phrse is what you said MadRockertScientist, but since like Broomjockey I have done so it seems kinda pointless a phrase to me. And besides which the way I said it was more appropriate to the OP.

I've wondered about that too Lady Barbossa but don't some of those preassmbled "furniture" have special/wierd sizes and stuff? I dont know as I dont use them.

Comment

Quoth MadRocketScientist View Post
                    Completely OT -

Today, I had a woman tell me, "Oh, well, it's 6 of one, 10 of the other." Took a couple minutes to realize she meant "6 of one, half dozen of the other."!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

My parents have lied about my sister's age and mine to get cheaper prices at places like amusement parks and movies where you get charged less if you're under a certain age.

They've also had me and my sister hide in the car on vacations so we can get cheaper rates at motels.

Normally they're polite to waiters and anybody else serving them, but those are a couple instances where I can call them grade-A sucky.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                      X