Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just once, I took my dog into a store when he was just a puppy.

Now, this was the first time he went on a car ride with me, and was so young he barely was ankle hight.

I was in a *very* small town where everybody was on a first name basis. And a General Store.

I needed some gas and two small parts of PVC plumbing to get the water running, so I took doggie for a ride, had him on a leash outside, and under my arm before I opened the door.

I think he loved the attention and pets he got. And the three generations of owners had no problem with it.

But bringing a dog into a supermarket/big box/Wally-World type store is just too much unless it's a service dog.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I seen one lady bring a pit bull puppy into the store where I work (food store) ON A FREAKIN' LEASH mind you. ON A DAMNED LEASH! It was walking beside this woman. I was like WTF? You can't bring an animal in the store unless it is a service animal. Period. End of story. One of my buddies made a comment to me abot it and evidently the lady heard cuz she looked at her kids and said "IF no one likes it they can shove it up their ass! The dog stays!" It just amazes me that if you say something to people who bring thier pets into the store that are not service animals and you call them on its like a portal of Hell opened up and they go all apeshit on you...
      NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

The only big box store a dog belongs in is Pet Co, or Pet Zoo. We take our puppy there twice a week to get used to different people. But anywhere else, they need to stay out.

We called a couple of teenage girls on "pulling a Paris" and bringing their chihuahua into Wal-Mart once. When I told them that the dog wasn't allowed in the store, one of the girls tried to tell me that it was a seeing eye dog. I asked her why she was carrying it, then, and she left, but tried to sneak it around me later. I called a CSM about it then and let her deal with it. I didn't want a fight.

Comment

Quoth Nutjob R/T View Post
          I wanna claim my cat as an apathy cat.

When I have an acute attack of apathy coming on, the cat doesn't care.

That is the funniest thing I have seen all day!
          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Max View Post
            Just because your pet is cute doesn't make it a fashion accessory!!
            [paris hilton]Like, whatever.[/paris hilton]
            I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
              The same person who thought a cat was a good fashion accessory?
              Hey, Ernst Blofeld totally rocked the cat-as-accessory scene. And where would Dr. Evil be without Mr. Bigglesworth?
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Hey, Ernst Blofeld totally rocked the cat-as-accessory scene. And where would Dr. Evil be without Mr. Bigglesworth?
                Ah, so true....
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

We allow dogs in the store...true, it's a video store but we welcome dogs. We've also had a few birds, a snake and a kitten in there before... but all in all we've never had a badly behaved dog. Honestly, the children make much more of a mess then the animals do.

Comment

Working...
                  X