X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wait.. what? ID?

lol this isnt really suck but it is funny

Im at the store today with my dad, having taken him on an errand run. He buys somethings, he also gets me a 4 pack of Johns Soda (important), some reeses peanut butter cups, and 27 green and yellow folders for my mothers school.
    my dad his grabbing bags and putting them in cart when the the lady comes to the soda.

Lady- Im going to need to see ID
    Me- ID?? why?
    Lady- *sighs and rolls her eyes* for the wine coolers
    Me- *stares at her, looks down at my soda, looks back up, repeats for a three count* um.... Thats Pure Cane Soda...
    Lady- *Looks down at the soda for real* Oh..... sorry...

I couldnt stop the giggling

This happened to me once as well. I was having guests over and so I was getting the good IBC root beer in glass bottles, a six pack. I was asked for ID and just out of habit I showed it and continued on my merry way with the root beer and the rest of my groceries. It wasn't until about 20 minutes down the road that it struck as a little odd that I was asked for ID and another minute of mentally going through my shopping list until it struck me that the root beer caused the ID Check.

I read elsewhere on the board here where someone nearly got in to a shouting match over something similar, though the purchaser was underage and the checker refused to sell until a manager became involved.
    Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Every once in a while I like to get the good sodas in the fancy bottles, because they make me feel like a grown up

-ams- <who is 31 years old but doesn't drink beer and sometimes likes to pretend >

Never got carded for it, though
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When I was 17, I was carded for the lighter I grabbed at the checkout, to go with the $20 in cheap candles I bought. Now this was a closeout store that didn't even sell tobacco of any kind.

(And no, they wouldn't sell it to me. You also had to be 18 to buy the cheap bullwhips they sold around Halloween)
        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Carding seems to be erratic at best.

Once we were waiting at a small town gas station while some friends got some snacks. One of my friends forgot her ID so she asked me to run in and buy some cigaretts for her (she was over 18). I run in, buy the cigaretts and leave. Huh, they didn't card me. No big deal.

I get back out to the car and hand her the cigaretts. I decide to run back in and buy a scratch ticket, what the hell. Same cashier, but she carded me for the lottery ticket.

So, I look old enough / 18 to buy cancerous death sticks but not old enough / 18 to spend $1 on a scratch ticket?
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            <who is 31 years old but doesn't drink beer and sometimes likes to pretend >
            Change 31 to 28 and we could be twins...no, wait, triplets. I have a twin already.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Actually, I was carded for buying some Jones Green Apple soda. I was at the self checkout, and she explained that I could have a 4 pack of glass bottles and changed one or two to be wine coolers or something. They either card you or pull them all out of the box and look. Doesn't really bother me, but it's still funny.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Change 31 to 28 and we could be twins...no, wait, triplets. I have a twin already.
                We could be Quads! But I'm the oldest of ya'll. (I'll be 35 on October 1st )

My husband and his friends make me out to be a teetotaler, I just shrug it off. I HATE the taste of beer. Sheesh.

Comment

Everytime I hear about somebody getting asked for ID, I think of an incident that happened while I was at the local 7-11.

I'm in line, and a heavily tattooed fellow is ahead of me. Whatever. The guy ahead of me (Mr. Tattooed) wants to buy a lighter. 7-11 clerk needs to see ID--it's illegal to sell lighters to those under the age of 18. Mr. Ink freaks out, swearing at the clerk, and starts pointing to his tattoos as if they were a government-approved form of ID. Clerk repeats that he can't sell them without ID, and adds that he personally could get a stiff fine. Swearing continues, until the "customer" stroms out of the story, calling the clerk a "fucking goof"--quite the insult, since "goof" is a prison slang term for child molester.

Poor clerk.
                  I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth angelicafire View Post
                    ... she explained that I could have a 4 pack of glass bottles and changed one or two to be wine coolers or something.
                    We had to watch for that at the grocery store I worked at. Also people would switch flavors of wine coolers, and we'd have to explain you can't mix and match the packs, they'd all have to be the same flavor since that's the way they came.

Now, ID stories, I was carded for non-alcoholic wine. And a friend of mine, worked with a guy that got pulled over one day after work when the cop spotted him drinking out of a brown bottle while driving. He was drinking IBC or some other root beer that comes in brown bottles.

Comment

I can't find any Jones except for the Cream Soda.
                      I'm "Jonesin'" (OH HO HO I SLAY ME) for a Green Apple one now.
                      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

it was Fufu berry

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                          Now, ID stories, I was carded for non-alcoholic wine. And a friend of mine, worked with a guy that got pulled over one day after work when the cop spotted him drinking out of a brown bottle while driving. He was drinking IBC or some other root beer that comes in brown bottles.
                          I'm always paranoid that if I bring a Jones soda or IBC rootbeer with me in the car that I'm going to get pulled over for it. So I don't drink and drive... *ducks from tomatoes*. It's also a little difficult to drink from those bottles when you are trying to pay attention to the road, IMO. (Maybe just me since I drive a manual...)
                          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                          The Office

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                            We could be Quads! But I'm the oldest of ya'll. (I'll be 35 on October 1st )

My husband and his friends make me out to be a teetotaler, I just shrug it off. I HATE the taste of beer. Sheesh.

Septuplets? But I'll be 34 in December.

I don't like the taste of alcohol itself. When we visit my inlaws for Christmas, I'll usually have a few glasses of Sidra (apple champaine) I love that stuff.
                            Quote Dalesys:
                            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              I have a twin already.

You have a twin? Why didn't you tell me?!?!
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                              X