This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few years old.

This is one from my past, and prooved how the bulk of people have that mentallity of being, welll a cowards.

I'm on the bus. There is a woman (pretty, but not my type) sitting in the back, about four seats down from me. This guy gets on, sees her, zooms in on her and tries to talk to her, of which she starts to ignore completly. So, what does a MAN do when ignored my a WOMAN? He stands and starts to beat on her. hard. I stand up and grab him off of him, pull him off and slam into the ground.

The bus driver saw the whole thing, but didnt kicked me or the girl off, just him.. During the rest of my trip, people kept shaking ther heads at me. One told me that that was stupid and I could have been hurt.

I'm sorry, there is some maniac beeating a woman already, I'm going to leap out and make him hurt. only cool person was the driver who let me stay on the buss.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Let me get this straight, you helped out a woman who was being beaten & YOU get criticized for helping her? What did they want? For NOBODY to do nothing about it?
    You did the right thing.

Comment

That's sad. You should be shaking your head at all those people who sat there and watched. You wouldn't have been hurt much, either, if just one other person backed you up.

Comment

Are we in the 50's?
        Who am I kidding, a few 50's women wouldn't have taken that crap.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Why didnt anyone dial 911 ON THE BUS AND REPORT THE SOB????????

ARRRRGH.

Incident report I hope? Bus system now knows he's an arse?

Cutenoobski
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

You did the right thing. I would have do the same thing also.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Sadly, that's how people end up killed in abusive situations, not from defending the abused person from the asshole abuser - it's usually the abused person getting killed because no one wanted to get involved and stop it.

I don't understand why people do that, a friend of mine was in an abusive relationship and myself and a friend of mine had to be restrained from killing the guy when we found out. Hell, I joke that still to this day if that guy dies suddenly I'm going to have cops at my door asking me questions.

Besides, even if you do get beaten up stopping an abuser, I'm of the opinon that I'd rather take the asskicking than a defensless person. At least if someone beats *me* up , they had to earn it.
              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Plaid, just let me say...
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My sensei said the most cowardly thing in the world was not helping a defenseless person out when needed. One of the martial arts rules is you use your training to defend others in need. Good job Plaidman.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Plaidman, you are just wonderful. Thank you.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

First of all, let me just thank you for being the type of person you are and not the type of person all the other cowardly chickenshits on the bus were.

You are several cuts above, sir.

"One told me that that was stupid and I could have been hurt."

Yeah, that's what all the cowardly chickenshits on the bus were telling themselves to justify their chickenshit cowardice.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        Plaid, just let me say...
                        Seconded!

And I agree with RK and AB... "You could have get hurt" is just a coward's excuse to not do anything, and that it is a very basic rule to protect those less able than yourself.

Only one person said that to him, though. The rest were likely too reluctant to act, thanks to the whole Diffusion of Responsibility* thing, but they were still thinking "Someone needs to do something," and congratulated Plaid when he did.

*Diffusion of Responsibility: The more witnesses there are in an event, the less any individual person feels compelled to act upon the event they are observing, thinking that "someone else" will handle it. It's the exact opposite of a Mob Mentality situation, where a pack of people feed off each other to the point where they become fixated on a goal or action, usually violent.
                        Last edited by JustADude; 08-08-2007, 09:02 PM.
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I agree with all the rest that you deserve respect for your actions plaid. but I cant but feel sad that someone walked to a stranger, intimidated them, started beating them and got off with just some roughing around... that guy should be in jail for years and years and years.
                          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Yeah, few screws lose on him. Bus kept going though, and no police were called. The lady got off little before I did. She thanked me though.

I still hate that people looked at me like I did something wrong, though like all of you said, and I know in my heart, I did the right thing.

Thank you all.
                            Military Spouse Support.
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

You COULD get hurt getting out of bed in the morning.

You COULD get hurt crotching yourself on a stair rail with your skateboard.

You COULD get hurt tripping over your own feet.

If I'm going to get hurt, I'd much rather have a story like "I jumped in the middle of this fool who was attacking a woman," than "I stuck my finger in a blender." Even my mother has only stopped me from lunging at a fight once, and it was because I was trying to go after this bitch with a knife with my bare hands. Otherwise, she unleashes the hound at the first available oppurtunity, and probably will be right behind me as soon as she finds a heavy enough blunt object.

I was taught who Kitty Genovese was from the time I was little and made to understand that protecting others was my responsibility. I had a cousin who was killed protecting two of his friends during a car accident. So I've just never understood the whole "none of my business" mentality. If it's happening close enough for you to be aware of it, it's YOUR business. I mean, who's to say the ass won't turn around and come for you after he's done with the first woman? Better to head him off first.
                              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                              X