This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Station and Smoking

My light was on, so I had to get some gas. I pull in, and notice someone with a cigarette in her hand. As I slowly pull up, I see she lights it At this point she is less than a car width away from the pump. I am like 3 pumps down. I am nervous, b/c I know cigarette and gas station don't mix very well. So before I started to pump, I went in and told the csr. And she was and not sure what happen after that. Got some milk and when I went outside they were gone.

What is wrong with people? Do they not think about their surroundings? Just thought I would share with yous.
    Last edited by ringo; 08-08-2007, 03:11 AM. Reason: Added More Text

The thing is, they don't care.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Trying out for the Darwin Awards?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Trying out for the Darwin Awards?
        That's all well and good in the privacy of your own home but taking innocent bystanders does not earn you points with the judges
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          That's all well and good in the privacy of your own home but taking innocent bystanders does not earn you points with the judges
          Actually, according to the rules, taking out innocent bystanders is an automatic disqualification.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Not even style points?
            Unseen but seeing
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Not even style points?
              No, because Darwin Awards is removing you own stupid genes from the gene pool, not someone else's (unless they also qualify for a Darwin Award at the same time).
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

*pouts*

No style points.
                Unseen but seeing
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When I was 18/19 I worked in a local hardware store in a small town. The owner/boss routinely let everybody from regulars to first-timers walk in and hang around with lit cigarettes and cigars (which were even worse than the cigarettes; I had to restrain myself - literally - from puking all over the floor every time a cigar-toting person came inside. That stench just makes me ).

Surprise, surprise. It being a hardware store, not ONLY did we have MANY HIGHLY FLAMMABLE THINGS (paint thinners, chemicals, etc.) in vast supply on the INSIDE of the store, but we also had a nice big PROPANE tank just right OUTSIDE the building. I always wondered if the smokers were dense enough to do their dirty deeds around that as well.

Back to the subject of gas stations, one thing my dad does drives me nuts. If it's particularly cold/hot outside, or he doesn't feel like shutting the vehicle off, he'll fill the gas tank *while the vehicle is still running.* I'm sorry, but this just makes me that much more nervous!
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

*pouts*

No style points.
                    Nah, you're misunderstanding. You get style points for taking yourself out but not other people. IE, remove the bad genes, keep the good genes.

Comment

*puts on her DA.com Storymod hat*

It saves us from having to read about the Columbine kids, suicide bombers, and the like too often. People *have* tried submitting those to the slush pile before.

It's pretty sickening what some people will submit as "funny."

One I remember that someone tried to submit was a carjacker who proceeded to almost drive a minivan off a bridge... luckily unsuccessfully for the kids inside. I'm STILL wondering how the submitter thought that counted as a DA.

Comment

Working...
                      X