This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii bit of a problem

Well, today I decided to go and spend some of my birthday money. There was only one thing I really wanted: a Nintendo Wii.

So, me and my dad go on a day trip to find the best offer. We walked past a store, and saw a large sign "Nintendo Wii's In Stock HERE!!!" We went inside, had a look, and saw a really good deal where you got the console and a couple of games.

So, I go up to the register, very happy, until the cashier spoke.

Cashier: Oh, I'm sorry, we don't have any in stock at the moment.
    Me: Oh...(sad eyes)...oh well, never mind.

So, I was a little annoyed that the store had signs everywhere saying they had them in stock. It was just after 9am, the store had just opened, so I doubted that they had sold any before I arrived. But what was I to do? She couldn't exactly pull one out of her ass for me.

Dad was not impressed.

Dad: You have signs! The sign says you have them! Where are they?
    Me: Dad its OK, we'll just go somewhere else.
    Dad: Fine, *to cashier* but you should take down those signs!
    Me: Dad, I don't think it's her fault.

I go to put the dummy boxes back on the shelf.

Dad: Don't put them back! Just dump them! They said they had them in stock and they don't!

Felt so embarassed! Especially when he told me to dump all the boxes in the middle of the aisle. I just turned a year older, not a year younger.

But hey! I got my Wii, and its fantastic!

i got mario party for the Wii. i love it! its sooo much fun.

Comment

personally i think if you know in the morning you dont have something you take down the sign... but i understand why you dont, maybe they had a couple (read maybe 4) and sold them in the morning at opening

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
        I played Mario Party in a store and I didn't like it

But I LOVE Wario Smooth Moves!!!

Comment

Am I the only one who still plays NES games?

Duck Hunt all the way. I still have a crack in my TV in my bedroom from when I was 10 and threw the gun at the TV when I swore up and down that I hit the duck.

I can beat Mario 1 and 2 without cheats. 3 I never conquered.

Oh dear I sound like my ex, saying words like "conquer". I'll stop now.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
            They give you Stars for the stupidest crap.
            Like having the least Stars: you get a Star.
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

YES oh YES I THink your dad kicks ass I'm a Video Game SC. I wouldn't work with video game but if I did I would so Take on the Customers Suggestions no matter what it takes. I've got pissed off at an associate at EB one time When I saw The Final Doom game I really wanted was bought by someone else.
              Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Your dad overreacted, I agree, but they really should take down those signs.

I'll bet the store keeps them up on purpose to increase traffic into the store. And the poor employees are stuck all day listening to SC's throw tantrums about false advertising.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  Am I the only one who still plays NES games?
                  http://nintendo8.com/all/

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
                    YES oh YES I THink your dad kicks ass I'm a Video Game SC. I wouldn't work with video game but if I did I would so Take on the Customers Suggestions no matter what it takes. I've got pissed off at an associate at EB one time When I saw The Final Doom game I really wanted was bought by someone else.
                    Dude, that's nothing to (incoherently) brag about.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                    X