This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The secret thought processes of SCs

So I post/mainly lurk on a forum for tech stuff like internet and TV services. Half the people who post there are people in the industry and/or people into the latest technology and the other half are SCs who think it's some kind of PFB site.

This gem about wait times when calling customer service:

You have to understand the mind set of major corps. today. They are only going to offer the minimum service level that the majority of their customers are willing to tolerate. If you expect a high level of service, you beter be willing to scream for it and be willing to spend hours on the phone..
    So while you can concede the first point (who among us hasn't ran into the brick wall of corporate pennypinching), the whole concept of screaming to obtain a higher level of service boggles the mind.

This is another example of the shining beacon of stupid that eminates from every SC like a Bat-Signal of Bullshittery:

I hate the FN annoying commercials about cabletheft.com encouraging people to snitch on people. They talk about this BS like disruption of services. They have enough outages from internet to TV without needing any help. Not to mention the annoying ads Charter runs regarding satellite dishes. It goes to show how much of a threat they are if they have to run queer commercials about how they look like a pie plate? I have yet to know anyone not complain about Charter, they suck! I think the cable operators should get it bed with the RIAA. Snitches of a feather flock together, lol.
    No doubt he posted that wearing a "Stop Snitchin" shirt. How dare a company run PSAs to try to stop theft of service! I've talked to people who call in to report cable theft, and it's not usually because they felt any altruistic sense of good, it's because the (almost always shoddily done) illegal hookups usually mess up the picture of paying customers. Also, as far as I know cable companies haven't gone around suing college kids for stealing their products.

Nope, all I see is the entitled "I shouldn't have to pay because it costs money" mindset.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
    Also, as far as I know cable companies haven't gone around suing college kids for stealing their products.
    You're absolutely right. These companies will not sue the end-user, because they don't have assets worth suing for anyway. They are more interested in where they got the illegal hookup, and more importantly, if this hookup is causing disruptions in service to honest, paying customers.

There's a misconception that providing cable doesn't cost the cable company anything - that they just flip a switch and on it goes. But the infrastructure and its upkeep that brings you your programming costs millions. You have to pay your fair share for that.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
      There's a misconception that providing cable doesn't cost the cable company anything - that they just flip a switch and on it goes. But the infrastructure and its upkeep that brings you your programming costs millions. You have to pay your fair share for that.
      But the cable company is greedy! They overcharge! Surely there can't be any costs associated with maintaining service and payment made to channels that would require a cost be passed along to the customer! Cable should be free!

(and I've heard variations on all of those from customers before).

TV is an expensive business. Here's a little insider secret: cable, dish, and FiOS (whenever Verizon gets its shit together) all run about the same price when you compare them channel for channel. Now there may be a promotion by one better than the other, but you're basically paying the same amount no matter what.
      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

You have to understand the mind set of major corps. today. They are only going to offer the minimum service level that the majority of their customers are willing to tolerate. If you expect a high level of service, you beter be willing to scream for it and be willing to spend hours on the phone..
        I hate the FN annoying commercials about cabletheft.com encouraging people to snitch on people. They talk about this BS like disruption of services. They have enough outages from internet to TV without needing any help. Not to mention the annoying ads Charter runs regarding satellite dishes. It goes to show how much of a threat they are if they have to run queer commercials about how they look like a pie plate? I have yet to know anyone not complain about Charter, they suck! I think the cable operators should get it bed with the RIAA. Snitches of a feather flock together, lol.
        Yeah, fight the power d00dz. Stick it to The Man.

Talk about a couple customers who aren't worth retaining.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I mentioned to a new hire who was listening in with me (I mentor the n00bz to make sure they see the correct way to handle SCs ) that there's a distinct ratio between how past due someone is and how belligerent they are about playing the "I'm gonna go to Dish/Verizon/Rabbit ears" card. The ones you'd want to retain the least are the ones who love to shove it in your face and expect you to bend over backwards to keep them.

Comment

Working...
          X