This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't bull**** me!!!

OK people, if you got your phone wet, I will know. I've been fixing these things a hell of a lot longer than most of my customers have been using them, so I know a bit more than they do.

I can just LOOK at a phone and be fairly accurate if it got wet or not. I can also tell with extremely good accuract, that the damage was caused by your own stupidity.

So, when the person making the ticket says 'did anything happen to the phone before it stopped working' don't put on the halo and say no. We know you're a lying sack of dung splatter.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

see, this kinda frustrates me. i had this phone at one point. one day, it stopped working. i took it to the verizon store and asked what was wrong. the guy took of the back, and said it had water damage. explained how he could tell. but honestly, i have no idea how it got wet. i took it to work, and it was fine. put it in my locker, it was fine. at the end of the day, i took it out, and it wasn't working. i wasn't lying. i liked my phone. i didn't need a new one, and even if i wanted a new one, i was eligible to get an upgrade. i didn't need to lie to get a different phone.

but the guy at the counter really got an attitude with me. he told me,"look, when you call in for a replacement, don't act stupid. just tell them you got the phone wet." this was said kinda like the frustration i feel from you in your post.

i think we, as retail workers, get so used to those who do act stupid and mean, that we kinda assume others are the same way.

what really sucked, is that not too long before my phone died, my friend dropped her phone into a glass of iced tea. nothing happened. mine....i have no idea what happened, and it dies.

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
      see, this kinda frustrates me. i had this phone at one point. one day, it stopped working. i took it to the verizon store and asked what was wrong. the guy took of the back, and said it had water damage. explained how he could tell. but honestly, i have no idea how it got wet. i took it to work, and it was fine. put it in my locker, it was fine. at the end of the day, i took it out, and it wasn't working. i wasn't lying. i liked my phone. i didn't need a new one, and even if i wanted a new one, i was eligible to get an upgrade. i didn't need to lie to get a different phone.

but the guy at the counter really got an attitude with me. he told me,"look, when you call in for a replacement, don't act stupid. just tell them you got the phone wet." this was said kinda like the frustration i feel from you in your post.

i think we, as retail workers, get so used to those who do act stupid and mean, that we kinda assume others are the same way.

what really sucked, is that not too long before my phone died, my friend dropped her phone into a glass of iced tea. nothing happened. mine....i have no idea what happened, and it dies.

The same exact thing happened to me.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It's a vicious cycle. I had Sprint. I had two phones die on me within weeks. One I fucked up, one, JUST STOPPED WORKING. It was within the warrenty period. I spoke to someone, and got a phone ordered. They CANCELED THE ORDER AND DIDN'T TELL ME. Why? They assumed it was water damage. The person who offered me the free replacement exceeded their authority. FINE. A lot of kibitzing later, I agreed to pay for half. THEY CANCELED THE ORDER AGAIN. No phone, no notification. TWO WEEKS GO BY!!! My boss accuses me of lying because QUOTE "No phone company could stay in business with service like that."

I am no longer a Sprint customer and I will never be again. I watch EVERY transaction I have with ANY cell phone company employee and document everything. Sorry if you think I'm abusive, but I don't trust anyone in that industry anymore. Even if the individual dealing with me is honest and tries to work with me... there is probably a souless mutant of a manager above him who will lie, cheat and steal to get their numbers right.

Comment

That really scares me.

I just got a new phone.

Two weeks ago, my mom and I got new phones for our family plans because our contract was almost up. In the two years we'd had our phones, my mom and my brother's phone had BOTH shit the bit (the Nokia 6101s) and both had had to get replacement/loaner phones.

My brother got a different phone off ebay, and mom and I get new Razors. I figured I might as well ditch my old phone before it had a chance to shit out as well! I'd never had a problem with it, but it was probably just a matter of time.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's such a pain in any industry like this (I work for a company that makes cell phones, but I work with the radio and higher tier equipment). I can vouch that I get so used to people lying that it's made me a bit cynical. Now granted, I'm going to try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you tell me there was a lightning strike around the time it stopped working, then tell me there is no "liquid, lightning, smoke, burn or physical damage," I'm probably not going to believe you.

It's also quite chancy, because I've had phones just up and stop working, and I've had phones that were dropped and beaten all to hell, but kept right on working.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
            X