Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody didn't have their thinking cap on.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody didn't have their thinking cap on.....

Not really sure where to put this, there is definitely suckage- either from poor planning or execution of so-called plan.... I genuinely feel really bad for the CSRs at Little Tikes cause I'm certain that most people aren't as understanding as me (as shown on this forum for starters).

I ordered replacement stickers for my daughter's Little Tikes playhouse. Now, the mere fact that I have to attach stickers annoys me, because the freakin things peel up every year due to the elements, the stuff should be painted on or something more to that end. At least, something that isn't secured with adhesive that is broken down as a result of rain and snow. I know it's just plastic but when you spend hundreds of dollars on a child's TOY, you'd like to delude yourself into thinking that some quality is involved. But, moving on....two weeks pass and I get a letter notifying me that one item on my order is on back order. Ok fine, but where is the rest of it? They didn't waste any time charging my credit card, I'd like to know where my stuff is. So I called, the message said that phone communications are only used for reporting defective items or to order items directly, or if you're having a problem with a carrier delivering your stuff, and if you need to check the status of your order, "hang up and log on to the website".

Ok, I'm married to an IT guy, I can grasp that. So I log onto my account and put in the order number, and it says it doesn't exist. Super. So I call the number again, hit zero a bunch of times trying to get a person- any person- to talk to. Doesn't work. I go through the maze of automated phone crap and end up with some woman's voicemail- close enough, I left a message. Waited a week, no response. So, I went back to the website and found an email address- sent them an email......This was about 3 weeks ago- still not response to this day. One week ago, I said screw it and called the number and went through the maze acting like I wanted to buy a new product. After 10 minutes of holding- no music just some annoying voice reminding me over and over to utilize the website- I actually got a person. I. Was. Stunned.

So, I gave her the order number and sure enough she said it's on back order. I said I got the notice saying PART of it was on back order, but if they had the rest, I'd be more than happy to drive over there and get it as they are in Hudson, Ohio and I'm a mere 20 minutes away- no need to ship it She said no- the whole thing is on back order, and they have no idea when they will ever get more in.

So I asked if my order number was correct as I had tried to check the status on their website. Oh yes, nothing wrong with my order number. But................

You'll never believe what she said. Seriously. I had to repeat her answer back to her just to make sure I heard it right.

"Back ordered items don't show up on the website, so there is no way to track your order if everything is on back order"

If I checked their site and my whole order came up as back ordered, I wouldn't call because I'd already have my answer. Whoever designed that aspect of their order status system is clearly in la-la land.

Now, I was really nice, very very polite. I know the woman I talked to had nothing to do with programming of the order status system. But I can assure you that CSRs at that place are getting their heads ripped off left and right as a result of someone's oversight. And that's just a shame. Idiots.

Then why the hell, did they charge you, for it?
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
      Either they're idiots or maybe it has something to do with HOW they order parts from their distributor.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
        I was thinking the same thing. If they don't have the item to send and they don't know when they will, they should not be charging your card until they do. I would be complaining about that.

Hey, do you have any artistic abilities? Find some paint that'll work on plastic and just paint it yourself!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Hey, do you have any artistic abilities? Find some paint that'll work on plastic and just paint it yourself!

Your kids will think it's more special because you did it yourself.

Even if you don't think yourself much of an artist, find a hobby shop that has stencils of things your kids love and learn to stencil.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Oh, I wish I did. I have a negative amount of artistic ability, not even zero amount- like -25 amount. Everything I draw looks like monkeys in a blender, can't draw a straight line, can't draw any of the normal shapes decently. Although you did give me an idea- maybe if I could find some such paint and use a stencil.......That would remove any reliance on my artistic ability, which is definitely a good thing. I would LOVE to have even a weensy amount of artsy-ness in me, but twas not meant to be.....

Comment

MightyGirl- I agree with the other posters that you should complain about them charging you.

I have ordered from many online sources/catalogues and I have never been charged for back order items...

one of my favorite places to order from will go so far as to charge/ship you the part of your order that is in stock, then charge/ship the rest when it becomes available rather than holding your entire order while you wait for one item.

Kudos for being nice to the poor CSR.
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

http://www.krylon.com/main/product_t...roduct_details

If you are going the stencil route, http://www.krylon.com/main/product_t...roduct_details spray paint for plastics. I have heard wonderful things about this stuff.
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Thanks for the paint suggestion, as I would have no idea what to use

I already got a response to my most recent email. I was quite surprised. But get this- now the order IS in the system, but because of current upgrades being installed, nothing can be shipped for 3-5 weeks, so they're refunding my money.

Note to self: in future, if needing a job, don't apply there as you will be constantly confused and yelled at.

Comment

dude i would have just asked for a refund of the charge and a cancelation... because it doesnt seem worth it.... but them im single and childless........

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Yep! Go to a hobbyshop! We have enamel and acrylic paint the is made just for plastic. We even have spray cans so you can spray in a stencil. You might have to make your own stencil. Just use an exacto blade(we also have) to carve the pic into a thin, but study, sheet of plastic(we also carry).
                      Check out my cosplay social group!
                      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                      X