X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cringe oh dear : my grans a SC

went to lunch yesterday

We arrived at the place we booked a littler early, and they got the number of people wrong (4 instead of 12) but were happy to fix the problem. No worries right? NOPE gran said as loudly as she could "HOPELESS" " you would think they could tell the difference"

Anyways went in, sat down, my nan and pop are hard of hearing so every time the weightier came to get their orders they wouldn't even notice him. Mum ordered some briscetta? for us but it had chilli in it. Nan kicked up a fuss about getting her own without chilli as if it was the weightiers fault, mum was polite and just asked if we could have one without chill brought out separately.

Then, weightier came over, we had a spare seat because my sister in law was out with the baby. He asked if we were using it. Mum said that we were but she's late and we'll order things without her so not to worry. Guy misunderstood and took the chair and cutlery. Nan pipped up "EXCUSE ME, we ARE using that chair she's just late"

Lets just say the guy serving us looked pissed for the rest of the time we spent there. But my brother left them a bit of a tip for their troubles.
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Service staff are used to old folks. His shock and dismay might not be anything new, but they are used to it.

Working as a hostess at a restaurant that catered nearly 90% to folks 70 and older, I always knew I had to raise my voice and be ready for rude, one word commands "COFFEE!" "BOOF!" (booth), "WATER!" "PAPER!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Totally feel your pain. My GM is an SC. I always give an apologetic look, then a grateful look when we're leaving and they haven't told her off.

Comment

Do you mean bruschetta? An Italian appetizer?

With CHILI!!! EWWWWWW!!!!!!
        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
        The Office

Comment

My mom has been turning a little SC lately, too.
          She's seized on the notion that waiters who take your cards to go run them are actually stealing your credit card number while it's out of your sight. Nothing I say can possibly get it through her head that this scenario most likely won't ever happen to her.

That and she can't seem to comprehend that you can indeed run a debit card that has a visa/mastercard logo as credit, and it will still bill to the same friggin' account. Yeesh.

Comment

Working...
          X