This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car stereos...

This is to all the guys who think it's cool to have a stereo that blasts your music (some just a single tone, I guess that's called 'Miami Bass'?) while driving by my house. The music is loud enough to rattle my dishes and if I had my old seismograph, I'm willing to bet it would pick up your stereo.

No, you're not cool.

You're also not cool for drving down the street at 5-10 miles per hour, it's a 35 mile per hour zone.

You're also not cool for driving up and down, up and down, up and down the street several times.

You're also not cool for doing this at TWO A CLOCK IN THE F***ING MORNING.

No, you're not cool. Do you know what you are?

YOU ARE A F---ING ASSHOLE
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I take it, from your subtle hints, that you're slightly perturbed by people showing off their stereo systems in front of your house late at night?
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

But it is f'in funny when it's a pudgy white boy driving a POS with a stereo that cost more than his car, listening to really cheesy rap (I saw this at a gas station one night, the kid in question was listening to Nick Cannon's "Gigolo") Pure comic gold, I tell you!
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Great bumper sticker on a few cars I've seen around town and elsewhere:

"If I wanted to listen to the crap coming out of your stereo, I'd be in your car!"
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Geez, around here they do it in the Wal-Mart parking lot in hopes of picking up girls. Or the mall parking lot on Fridays.

Sadly enough, dirty old men will also try to show off their fancy cars with their fancy stereos trying to act young again, also in attempts of picking up young girls.

I call them "drifters" because they literally drift at very slow speeds, up and down aisles of parking lots, scoping for girls.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've tried to get even with these useless shitbirds and beat them at their own game by blasting my radio at them. Somehow, though, it just isn't the same when you're blasting them with NPR. "All Things Considered" just sort of lacks that booming subwoofer thing.

Maybe next time I'll crap in my pants, lower them enough that you can see my underwear as the crotch drags down between my knees, and leave my Fogey Radio blaring while I go inside the 7-11. That'll show them.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              Geez, around here they do it in the Wal-Mart parking lot in hopes of picking up girls. Or the mall parking lot on Fridays.

Sadly enough, dirty old men will also try to show off their fancy cars with their fancy stereos trying to act young again, also in attempts of picking up young girls.

I call them "drifters" because they literally drift at very slow speeds, up and down aisles of parking lots, scoping for girls.
              Where I live, that's about all young people do for entertainment. They hang out in a park downtown, blast their stereos and fight. Or hang out in parking lots around town, including the one at my store.

Little shits leave so much trash and fast-food wrappers lying around, the lot is seagull city during the mornings.
              Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 08-16-2007, 02:35 AM.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

As an aside, hearing about things like this make me love my brother (more than I already do, of course). He has spent tons of time and money installing his car stereo equipment, including two amps and subs, so that he can have crazy loud music and really good bass, but he uses it responsibly. He doesn't blare it in the neighborhood, and he usually turns the subs off when he drives at night, so he doesn't bother anyone/get pulled over.

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I've posted this before, but to anyone who missed it or for the newbies....

Much like the Fast and the Furious, we have a lot of local youngsters (well, and some older guys, which is really pathetic) who have a specific "team" name and logo that they put on their cars.

Every Friday and Saturday (except in the winter and rainy nights) nights, by a local McDonalds and Wendy's on the strip, these hundreds of guys and their POS rice burners all gather in those parking lots and show off what they did to their "rides" all week. They blast their stereos or show off all the lights that they installed under their car or whatnot. Then after a certain period of time, they all head out into the country and drag rice their ricers.

I'd be humilated to be seen with these kids. I won't date a guy that is in that team or has that logo decal on his car. Honestly, come to my city on a Friday night and drive past. There are hundreds of teens and some older guys, all with their tweeniebopper girlfriends drooling over their rice burners, all amazed and pleased with themselves and their POS cars.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    I've tried to get even with these useless shitbirds and beat them at their own game by blasting my radio at them. Somehow, though, it just isn't the same when you're blasting them with NPR. "All Things Considered" just sort of lacks that booming subwoofer thing.
                    No, but consider any of the following, which provide nice bass but your common idiot won't be able to wrap his brain around:

Tocatta and Fugue in D minor, J.S. Bach
                    Symphony #5 in C Minor, L. V. Beethoven
                    Marriage of Figaro, W. A. Mozart
                    Sinfonia in D Major (from Cantata #29), J. S. Bach— find a nice loud version (Wendy Carlos does a decent one)
                    Contradanza, Vanessa-Mae & Vanakorn Nicholson
                    A Last Illusion, Trans-Siberian Orchestra
                    Chocolate Fudge, Mannheim Steamroller
                    BADinerie, Lara St. John version (sorry about the tacky spelling; that's how she did it)
                    Overture from Phantom of the Opera, A. L. Webber
                    Theme from A Clockwork Orange, Wendy Carlos

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                      No, but consider any of the following, which provide nice bass but your common idiot won't be able to wrap his brain around:
                      Overture from Phantom of the Opera, A. L. Webber
                      Along these lines, my friends and I used to drive around in a convertible with the top down in the summer, blaring and singing along to show tunes. We were theatre geeks and in high school.

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                        Along these lines, my friends and I used to drive around in a convertible with the top down in the summer, blaring and singing along to show tunes. We were theatre geeks and in high school.
                        Hooray, theatre geeks! I drove home tonight listening to the Hair soundtrack.
                        Double props if you can drive through town with a serious look on your face while Rocky Horror blares out of your windows.

But, yeah. People think it's cool at our McDs to peel out of our drive thru and NOTHING beat the time I was presenting and some middle-aged housewife totally owned this kid blasting ghetto rap by drowing it out with Whitney Houston (sp?).
                        Bitch-Moan-Dog-Puppy-Baby-Pregnant-Bitch-Moan

Comment

Ahh thump stereos, an annoyance for all. Had to hear them all the damn time at work, bonus points if they tried asking me a question. I just moved my lips so they could turn it down. What bugs me big time is these dumb asses driving through my street at 2 AM, blasting bad rap music so loud that my dog is barking. I'm always tempted to blast a metal CD just to see the look on those guys faces when they learn that their music isn't as loud as they think.
                          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post

A Last Illusion, Trans-Siberian Orchestra
                            There are a few others off Beethoven's Last Night that I'd recommend as well, such as Fate, which is short but has enough bass to rumble a glass across a table if I crank the sub on my PC's 5.1 system up.
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

The theme from Requiem For A Dream gets pretty loud at parts. If I ever felt a need to drown these people out, Eric Clapton would be my choice. Layla when he was with Cream. Good music, and it'll drown out your crap. On vacation there was a traffic jam outside a restaurant, and the idiots that were right next to the outside area were blaring their rap. I think they might have heard me when I told them to "turn that shit off." Then of course they make it louder and laugh at me. Someone called the cops on their asses. I was just trying to help them
                              It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                              ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                              X