Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first car was a 1972 Chevorlet Chevel SS . . . and yes, I got asked on dates just so we could take my car . . . .and it wasn't new or current but it was sweet.

Then I went to a Ford - cause hey the Rents bought me a car and that is what they wanted me to have for going to and from collage.

Anyway, I have been known to blast Sweet Transvestite . . .also have the sound track from Shock Treatment . . .they will look when they catch on that appliances are being sung to.

The absolute best at a red light . . .put in my bag pipe and drum CD from a German band - so the few lyrics are in German . . .the car next to me turned their radio down and you could hear them trying to decide if I was a cop or not - cause who else would listen to bagpipes . . .it was hysterical.

I do feel you on the late night basser . . . my house has its original single pane windows from 1958 - talk about rattle. The good news is that studies have found a link to the vibrations in the car from the bass being that lowed . . .reduces tadpole count. So it is is an unintentional birth control method.

Comment

I forgot to turn down my stereo last night after exiting the highway while blasting the Go Gos.

A car full of teenage boys sitting at the red light across from me looked at me, totally clueless.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
        The absolute best at a red light . . .put in my bag pipe and drum CD from a German band - so the few lyrics are in German . . .the car next to me turned their radio down and you could hear them trying to decide if I was a cop or not - cause who else would listen to bagpipes . . .it was hysterical.
        Bagpipe CDs RULE!!!!!!!! I adore my (lent to my brother and never seen again, but alas...) bagpipe CDs.

I'm so insane.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          I forgot to turn down my stereo last night after exiting the highway while blasting the Go Gos.

A car full of teenage boys sitting at the red light across from me looked at me, totally clueless.
          That sounds like music worth blasting . . . that or the Bangles.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I was on a bus once and there was a guy next to it, tough looking guy, convertible, blasting stereo. What song was he playing? Guess! If you guessed Tammy Wynette's "Stand by your Man" you are correct.
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I have pumped up stereo's in car's since the mid 80's. back then it was to share my musical good taste with the world at large (heavy metal) and to actively piss off the "new wavers,hip hoppers and assorted preppie posers that had way to much time in the sun

Now I'll throw together a stereo to combat the rapmobiles by introducing them to stadium level ROCK....KISS,Iron MaidenMotley Crue etc
              And if I'm really annoyed I'll throw in Motorhead,Slayer or Canibal Corpse to drive the point home.

Comment

Quoth Strange Magic View Post
                Now I'll throw together a stereo to combat the rapmobiles by introducing them to stadium level ROCK....KISS,Iron MaidenMotley Crue etc
                And if I'm really annoyed I'll throw in Motorhead,Slayer or Canibal Corpse to drive the point home.
                And every time I see your name, I'm thinking ELO... their softer side...

Comment

Well...I love ELO as well. I'm not a stereotypical headbanger. I like to think there is some intelligence and depth under all this hair.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    Might I also mention Holst's Mars.
                    I was thinking about that one, too. Another one that springs to mind is Also Sprach Zarathustra.

Quoth Emrld View Post
                    the car next to me turned their radio down and you could hear them trying to decide if I was a cop or not - cause who else would listen to bagpipes . . .it was hysterical.
                    Huh?! I'm not a cop, but I listen to bagpipes almost on a daily basis, esp. Wicked Tinkers. (Speaking of which, I wonder how High Desert P&D did at the World Championships?) But I do get funny looks when I have one of those in my car!

I got into a silent war with my upstairs neighbor once with our stereos (home, not car). I won by putting in the DVD for Lord of the Dance, running it through my stereo and cranking it up!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Just what is the whole process for disinfecting your speakers after running that thru them...megasnicker

Comment

Quoth Strange Magic View Post
                        Well...I love ELO as well. I'm not a stereotypical headbanger. I like to think there is some intelligence and depth under all this hair.
                        Hey! A headbanger with taste! I knew there were some out there!

(All said in fun, of course. To each his own. Though I'm glad that I don't have neighbors who regularly want me to listen to their musical interests.)

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                          Maybe Phantom of the Opera done by a Broadway cast, no. But have you ever head the same song by a band called Nightwish? Wow! Suffice it to say, there's bass. That might work.
                          I miss Tarja.... *Sniffles*

Comment

I swear I saw someone mention the Imperial March...
                            I got a picture of someone driving by in a shiny black car, blasting Imperial March, and stopping in front of the house, then slowly getting out of the car, only to be dressed as Darth. I couldn't help myself.
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Juwl: I swear I saw someone mention the Imperial March...
                              Yeha it was me. One of my dreams when I was younger was to get a 59 caddillac eldorado biarittz convertable, a kicker system. Have the car all gloss baclk down to black chrome on all the fixtures and come rolling up to a place doing that.

heck that would still be a nice thing to have/do.....

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
                                I still recall the one rice boy who wanted to try and drag. He sits there does the little lawn mower whine/rev. I do the full bore throttle stomp which with the amount of torque actually makes the car dance. I look over and grin at him and he just shakes his head. So much fun to educate the youth. No replacement for displacement there boys.
                                Been there, done that. As much as I hate how much gas my parent's old Crown Vic drank, that giant, soul-sucking behemoth of an engine made excellent ricer-repellent.

Of course, I drive a Civic now. A red Civic coupe. AND THEY WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE! I just want to go to work without a drag race.
                                But I do belt E Nomine out of the speakers, so I kick their stereo's asses.
                                Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Working...
                                X