This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a normal sighting

The man of the household and I were out and about running errands this afternoon.

On our way to the bank, some woman was jaywalking. No real problem with that, everyone does it.

As she's crossing the street, she starts digging in her purse.

Wait...it gets better.

She then STOPS IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR LANE and SEARCHES her purse.

??????????????????

Stupid
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Maybe she's looking for her brains.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Could be...
      Unseen but seeing
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

So Becks, whatdy'all do? I so hope it was honk the horn and scare the crap out of her!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Of course that's what we did. Was there any doubt?
          Unseen but seeing
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Of course that's what we did. Was there any doubt?
            Well there's always the chance that you decided to take off without a warning with the off chance that she'd notice. It could happen, right?
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
              Maybe she's looking for her brains.
              Good one.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                Well there's always the chance that you decided to take off without a warning with the off chance that she'd notice. It could happen, right?
                Anything's possible.
                Unseen but seeing
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I have once seen someone stop and answer a phone while doing that. But they didn't carry on walking, they just stood still and had their conversation!

Comment

I've seen some twits with cell phones stop in the middle of a crosswalk, in the middle of the sidewalk (those with Treos/Blackberries seem to be the worst offenders--what email is so important that you can't wait until you're out of the way of foot traffic?), one dork was even standing on the pedestrian train crossing in the middle of the tracks (I believe he had the nerve to give the "shush" gesture to the driver when the horn was blown, then a transit cop cut his convo short ).
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

That's NOTHING.

I almost turned a lady who was bottle-feeding her baby in a stroller IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD into roadkill last year.

Seriously.

I was coming down one of the main-ish streets at about 60. About a block ahead, a lady with a stroller turns and heads out through the middle of the street. Stupid, but par for the course around here. I slow a bit, since if she'd kept walking, I'd have gone right by. But, then, this genius decides to STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LANE AND BOTTLE-FEED HER BABY.

Keep in mind, this wasn't a blind-ish corner. She could very clearly see me, a then-teenaged male barreling down on her behind the wheel of 2 tons of high-speed steel. Maybe I was supposed to kill her for some cosmic incident, I dunno. Maybe she had a death wish, I dunno.

Anyways, I stand on the brakes and crank the wheel, sliding my car across the road. She scurries out of the road and-yes, it gets better-STARTS YELLING AT ME.

I just told her to do something inappropriate and uncomfortable with the stroller and to visit what is also a town in Michigan (AKA, I told her to shove the stroller up her ass and go to hell) and went on my not-so-merry way.
                      Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Are people totally oblivious, or just that wrapped up in themselves, I wonder?
                        Unseen but seeing
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Some of both, possibly.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I dated this asshole who was hit by a car once (before we met). Nothing could be done in his defense because he was jay walking.

So, if you EVER hit a jay walker, call 911 right away and don't go anywhere. It immediately becomes your fault no matter what if you leave the scene because it is then considered a hit and run. Also, they have a limit of a certain amount of feet or meters you can go before it is considered a hit and run, and it's not a lot of space. More reason not to go anywhere.

You aren't breaking any laws if they are outside of a crosswalk. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY. Don't freak out, run, and make it so much harder on yourself.
                            Check out my cosplay social group!
                            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

I was out and about a few days ago and was driving down a 4 lane divided road (2 lanes each direction with concrete divider in the middle) and saw a woman with a toddler in a stroller and a little kid about 6yo or so crossing the road where there was a small break in the divider...they were maybe a couple hudred yards from the traffic light where they could have crossed safely with a green light. I guess I should be glad they didn't stop in the middle of the lane...
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X