Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a running joke on campus at MSU that everyone thought they had the right-of-way--if you were driving, you thought you had the right-of-way, but as soon as you were walking, the right-of-way was now with pedestrians.

I've seen plenty of people be so stupid as to cut it close, but stopping in the middle of the road seems to me like you're asking for someone to hit you, just to teach you a lesson. Jeeze.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
      Maybe she's looking for her brains.
      Naah. She would've had to start digging in her ass to look for that.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        one dork was even standing on the pedestrian train crossing in the middle of the tracks (I believe he had the nerve to give the "shush" gesture to the driver when the horn was blown, then a transit cop cut his convo short ).
        How much fun would it be to walk past him, scream LOOKOUT and then dive of the tracks.
        Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          I've seen some twits with cell phones stop in the middle of a crosswalk, in the middle of the sidewalk (those with Treos/Blackberries seem to be the worst offenders--what email is so important that you can't wait until you're out of the way of foot traffic?), one dork was even standing on the pedestrian train crossing in the middle of the tracks (I believe he had the nerve to give the "shush" gesture to the driver when the horn was blown, then a transit cop cut his convo short ).

This is when my brother's truck would come in handy. He has train horns on his truck.

*side note*

A guy we work with also has train horns on his truck. He came across a dude in a car parked on railroad tracks. He blew his horns, and the guy got out of the car and ran. That'd be awesome to have a video of haha...
          Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

There was a story on the news just this morning that some fool teenager was waiting for a northbound train to pass and texting on his cell phone. The train passed and the teen stepped onto the tracks...

...right into the path of a southbound train. He's in serious condition because he couldn't be bothered to look up.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
              I just told her to do something inappropriate and uncomfortable with the stroller and to visit what is also a town in Michigan (AKA, I told her to shove the stroller up her ass and go to hell) and went on my not-so-merry way.
              Detroit, Pontiac, or Lincoln Park? Because I'd equate those places with hell.

When I worked at the arena, some of us would take bets on how long it would take for a customer to realize that he's about to get hit.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                some fool teenager was waiting for a northbound train to pass and texting on his cell phone. The train passed and the teen stepped onto the tracks...
                <snip>...right into the path of a southbound train. He's in serious condition because he couldn't be bothered to look up.
                That is quality.

While I think he deserved it, I can almost force myself to feel a little bit sorry for him.

Wait. No I can't. Idiot.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Becky, how high did she jump? Extra points if she dropped her purse.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                    I dated this asshole who was hit by a car once (before we met). Nothing could be done in his defense because he was jay walking.

You aren't breaking any laws if they are outside of a crosswalk. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY. Don't freak out, run, and make it so much harder on yourself.
                    Well, here in ABQ (at least on Central), the cops are cracking down on people jaywalking. They're getting tired of so many people getting hit because they were somewhere where they shouldn't have been.

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                    It was a running joke on campus at MSU that everyone thought they had the right-of-way--if you were driving, you thought you had the right-of-way, but as soon as you were walking, the right-of-way was now with pedestrians.
                    That reminds me....On the NMSU campus, pedestrians have right-of-way even if they're not in a crosswalk (stupid, I know). Well, even so, you take your life in your hands. Now, there's some duckies that live on campus. They swim in the concrete puddle by the Ag Bldg, but they sleep across the street in one of the doorways at Jett Hall. When they cross the street in the morning or the evening, everybody stops for them! These are the same people that will run over just about anybody else. It's hilarious!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                      Becky, how high did she jump? Extra points if she dropped her purse.
                      A good two feet, at least.

I'm not sure if she dropped her purse or threw it, though.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I have mentioned this before, but my mom has the unique talent to screech right by a pedestrian close enough to actually clip their clothes without touching their body. I know, I've been in the car with her when she's done it.

I swear, she's single-handedly lowered the percentage of people who jaywalk around here. I've actually seen people run to get out of the way when I'm driving the car.
                        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                          Detroit, Pontiac, or Lincoln Park? Because I'd equate those places with hell.
                          Actually, there is apparently a town in Michigan called Hell. Never been there, nor do I know squat about the town, but I do know it's near the Hell's Survivor's paintball field.
                          Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
                            Actually, there is a town in Michigan called Hell. Never been there.
                            Fixed for truth.

Damn it! I forgot about that. I've lived in Michigan my whole life, I should know this by now! Last year I went to Hell on 6/6/6. Fun time. Hell doesn't freeze over here by the way though it did in 2004.
                            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Reminds me of University Avenue on the UW-Madison campus. Univ. Ave is a 4 lane arterial. People cross it all the time, but if they are out of the crosswalks, they know to run.

I once had a group of freshman walk across Univ. Ave right in front of me and take their time doing it. I downshifted and hit the gas.

Little bastards ran for their lives. My wife was laughing so hard she had a hard time yelling at me for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X