X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they for sale or not?

My mom came in and said "Here's something for your message board."
    She went to Liquidation World today and they were selling these shopping baskets with handles like the kind you carry around in a grocery store. My mom brought one up to the counter to buy them and the woman said "These aren't for sale." and then peeled off the price sticker and put it behind the counter. My mom went back into the store and found the other baskets and tracked down the manager. She asked "Are these for sale?"
    Manager: "Yes."
    Mom: "Then you should tell your employee because she wouldn't let me buy it."
    Manager: "Just tell her I told you you could buy them."
    My mom went back to the woman with a basket- "These are for sale."
    The lady looked at her like she was crazy because she had already forgotten the whole thing, despite not having any other customers.
    The one thing I have to say is: Why doesn't this stuff happen when I'm with her?
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
    The one thing I have to say is: Why doesn't this stuff happen when I'm with her?
    There's a great, grand conspiracy against you.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I hate the liquidation here in my town. I always check out there website to look for specials for the week. I found a laptop, that had everything; and I might add it was for $350. I called them to see if they still had it, and they did. I had them hold it for me. When I went there, I found out they sold it. That laptop was on the site for a couple of days. I finally got paid, and had no bills to pay on that payday. Couldn't get that laptop, because they didn't update the site, and they had a lack of communication. This reminds me, I need to go back to get a mouse
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

This reminded me of the time I went to a total inventory reduction sale (not a going out of business sale. This is important) at a local furniture store back when I lived in Arizona. I was looking for a curio cabinet. The signage declared:

25% - 50% off everything in the store!

After I picked the cabinet I wanted, I took the tag up front to pay so I could then go to the loading dock to retrieve it. I was standing in line behind a woman who was trying desperately to buy a store shelving unit. You know, the shelves the store uses to put stock onto? Apparently she had grabbed the shelf tag from whatever merchandise that was previously on the shelf.

She did all the SC stuff we hate, including telling the cashier that he didn't know what he was talking about, calling him retarded and stupid, demanding to see the manager., etc. The manager told her that the sign meant all items in stock, not the shelves the stock was sitting on. Then she said this:

"If you're going out of business why won't you sell me the shelf? You won't need it after you close!"

Once the manager informed her that they were having an inventory reduction sale and not a going out of business sale, she even stupidly asked what the difference was.

The kicker was that the shelving unit she was trying to buy was 8 feet tall and 12 feet long. The tag she thought was meant to be the price tag for the shelf itself turned out to be the $9.99 price tag for the polyester filled pillows that used to be on it.

After the cashier rushed me through because of the wait I endured (but didn't care about) I walk to the parking lot to see Ms. SC drive off, still looking very pissed.

And now the sweet butter cream frosting on this SC cake?

She was driving a Geo Metro. The damn shelves probably weighed more than the car.
        Last edited by bigjimaz; 08-22-2007, 06:27 AM.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
          She was driving a Geo Metro. The damn shelves probably weighed more than the car.
          Well, at least if she ever breaks down...she can carry it home
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Why is it, that whenever a customer is buying something huge. They are always in a Geo Metro. I should get one sometime, as they are good on gas. And to give my car a break
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              There's a great, grand conspiracy against you.

You're probably right. I love a good scene though.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                I should get one sometime, as they are good on gas.
                Good luck finding one that hasn't been beat to hell. Because they're seen as "cheap wheels" people take care of them accordingly
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My Mommy has gone through....well, I forget how many Geo Metros.

I almost wish I had one.

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                  You're probably right. I love a good scene though.
                  Scenes rock.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X