Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist intolerant Bastard at gas pump.

So I stopped to get gas and this guy near me starts to complain about the prices. I can relate to this because I want them to go back to the good days of 1.77 a gallon.

Everything's fine untill the guy starts mouthing off about Muslims.

Now, I myself am not Muslim, nor is anyone in my family. But I have had classes with Muslim people and go to a campus where the vast percentage of people are of middle eastern descent. I even went on a field trip in highschool to a mosque (my spelling sucks). They are nice people. It's just that the media paints a bad picture of them based on a few individuals. I consider myself a very open minded person and see nothing wrong with people of other races or religions. But this guy really was grinding my gears.

R: Racist
    Me

R: Yeah, and did you hear that all those refugees are coming here? That's the last thing we need.
    Me: well people need a place to live man.

R: I'm telling you, I served in 2 wars and the best thing to do would just be to go in there and bomb the place, turn it into a crater.

Yeah buddy, real humane.

Me: (im not big on confrontations but I at least want to be a counter point) all I'm able to get out is a "Well, come on. I don't know about that".

I can't really remeber the rest of the conversation. But man do I hate intollerant people like that. If you don't know the whole story behind something then you shouldn't open your mouth.
    And I know I'm gonna get flamed for this statement but I support the troops, and not this war.
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Quoth solidmetalgear19 View Post
    It's just that the media paints a bad picture of them based on a few individuals.
    I went to school that had a large number of Muslims.
    here's the shocker:

They're just like us!

Yes indeedy.

Plus, there will always be the (very mouthy) fraction of any type of group that will give that group in general a bad name. Catholics, Men, Women, etc.

It's just easy to blame someone else than the fact that maybe the supplies are going down while demand is going up?
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I want them to go back to the good days of 1.77 a gallon.
      Ha. I remember the good ol' days when gas went UP to .99 a gallon.

Anyhoo, that man was/is a
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Does that stupid asshole realize that most of our gasoline comes from Venezuela?

I remember gas during Gulf War v1.0, gas was flirting around $0.90 a gallon. Those were the days, I thought it was insane when it went to $2 a gallon, now I wish it was there!

(But I admit, here in the US we still have inexpensive gasoline compared to many places in the world).

The worst was during the weeks after 9-11. I lived in NJ and it's against the law to pump your own gas. Most of the stations are owned and operated by middle-easterners. I was told several times that the *only* reason they came out to help me was because I was a regular and they knew I was "safe". There were many reports of gas attendants being attacked.

This being a "forward thinking" nation, I guess that means we need to think like they did during the Salem witch trials and the Spanish inquisition?

Interesting how no one here looks at more popular and "accepted" religions, such as Christianity, by the examples people like Adolph Hitler, Eric Rudolph, or the ancient Crusades left behind.
        Last edited by draggar; 08-22-2007, 05:17 PM.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I remember gas at 0.89, hell it was $1.30 when I started driving (7 years ago) and that seemed expensive.

Anywhoo, you should have asked him other than Hiroshima & Nagasaki what places got turned into craters? Certainly not Korea.

Comment

Ugh. What a loser. He probably also thinks that liters and gallons are the same, and then insists that gasoline is cheaper overseas. The idiots forget that one US gallon is 3.79 liters...
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

So I stopped to get gas and this guy near me starts to complain about the prices. I can relate to this because I want them to go back to the good days of 1.77 a gallon.
              You are aware that outside the US the price of petrol is insanely higher?
              Currently in Poland it's at about 6USD per gallon (we use litres, but I did the conversion for clarity sake).

The overall cost of living here is another story... since most people struggle to get a job paid more than 2000PLN/month, which is about 700$.
              Actually, the official avg. salary is more like 3800PLN, but that includes all the shamelessly rich people who don't do much at all. Electronic appliances are at least 20% more expensive than in the US (and a few % more than the rest of Europe), food as well, etc. Sucks.

I work at a McD's, I'm a minor, I can only work 35hrs a week. 8,5PLN/h without tax. Tax and various social security dues sum up to around 25% of what I earn. So for working 140h this month I'll get 1190PLN, minus 25%... yay, 313USD!
              That still ain't much by local standards, but surprise, surprise, it's WAY more than minimum wage.
              I hate this country. It would be so much better if they took away the politicians and the economy and got some better from, let's say, Norway.

As a minor I can only work summer vacation and winter break, but I'll be 18 in a month, and I'll probably return to McD's for weekends. And a week ago the corporate announced a 25% wage raise that goes in effect on September 1st
              Last edited by PaRaGaS; 08-22-2007, 08:37 PM. Reason: grammar.
              Music: Last.fm
              Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

Yeah but the extra money you pay in gas goes toward taxes for social government programs that benefit you. When we pay that much for gas we dont get EL ZILCHO! All that extra money simply goes toward stuffing someone else's pockets with extra cash and that's it. Most people simply watch some corporate putz in a suit and tie on Fox News "justify" the higher prices and most people here just say, "Oh well they say we gotta pay it, so I guess we gotta pay it. So pay it and shut your trap!"

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                  Yeah but the extra money you pay in gas goes toward taxes for social government programs that benefit you. When we pay that much for gas we dont get EL ZILCHO! All that extra money simply goes toward stuffing someone else's pockets with extra cash and that's it. Most people simply watch some corporate putz in a suit and tie on Fox News "justify" the higher prices and most people here just say, "Oh well they say we gotta pay it, so I guess we gotta pay it. So pay it and shut your trap!"
                  We get nothing.
                  The excise is suppoused to fund highways and repair of roads. Our roads are in TRAGIC condition, and we have little to no highways.

People hand over 25% of their earnings to the government and when they retire, they get an avg. 260USD pension and even tho the healthcare is free (most of the things at least, doesn't apply to expensive drugs and treatments) you often have to wait a few months or even YEARS to get free life-saving surgery, because the National Health Fund has certain annual limits on refunds that go to hospitals.
                  So people in need have to pay anyway. The government and some nationalist fucktards refuse the privatisation of our health sector (note that some 6-7% of our monthy earnings get cut as a health premium and yet we still have to pay when in need).

Want any more fun facts about Poland?

NOTE: It's a great country, it really is. I'm proud to be Polish, but some things I just can't stand. If you want to know much more than I can possibly tell you, go read Wikipedia on Polish history, politics and economy. It's one of the most interesting countries in the region, so you might actually find something good there
                  The Czechs, Lithuanians and Estonians handled the post-communist transformations MUCH better than we did. Major screwup that won't go away for at least two generations, it's so deep rooted.
                  Last edited by PaRaGaS; 08-22-2007, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I'm probably mainly thinking of Western Europe. It seems really striking to me how well off one end of Europe is compared to the other end. When I lived in Spain for awhile and stayed with a host family the standard of living for me was not much different than it was here in the US.

BTW Got a paczky for me??? My hometown in Ohio has a pretty big Polish neighborhood.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                      I'm probably mainly thinking of Western Europe. It seems really striking to me how well off one end of Europe is compared to the other end. When I lived in Spain for awhile and stayed with a host family the standard of living for me was not much different than it was here in the US.

BTW Got a paczky for me??? My hometown in Ohio has a pretty big Polish neighborhood.
                      I'm wondering whether you meant a "paczka" (singular, means "package") or a "pączek" (also singular, means "donut")

I'll go with the latter. As a matter of fact, I do

Comment

mosque (my spelling sucks)
                        And yet, you spelled it correctly.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I remember a LONG time ago when i was a kid in the 70's & gas cost just 54 cents a gallon! People were complaining about how "high" the price was even then.

Comment

At least the asshat didn't use racial slurs...

You all know the caliber of customers at the gas station I worked at, right? People you'd swear were white trash by day, Klansmen/women by night...

How many times did an older customer come in to pay for gas and they'd throw their money or flop their credit card at me and say "Here goes some more of my hard earned money to those sand niggers"

Yeah....ok Imperial Wizard Joe.....we can't tell at all that you wear a white sheet at night.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              Ha. I remember the good ol' days when gas went UP to .99 a gallon.
                              yeah, me, too
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X