This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
    Ha. I remember the good ol' days when gas went UP to .99 a gallon.
    So do I. Actually, though, it was very convenient when it was $1, really easy to do the math!

Quoth PaRaGaS View Post
    You are aware that outside the US the price of petrol is insanely higher?
    Yes, yes we know that gas is more expensive outside the US. We're just sayin'....
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

About 9 years ago in my hometown. It was $0.50 per gallon. And that was when I was just got my DL. Perfect times. I wish it was the cheap again
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
        . When we pay that much for gas we dont get EL ZILCHO! All that extra money simply goes toward stuffing someone else's pockets with extra cash and that's it. !"
        Just a quick note, because this tweaked my inner businessman, but the gas companies had a lower profit margin than most other business types last year. Average was 7-10% profit margin, versus, say, 19-20% reported for cosmetics companies. A good portion of gas prices are tied up in taxes, and much of what the company gets is put back into the company for exploration and drilling. The 'record profits' reported last year were mainly due to inventory (ie, the gas stored in those big tanks) appreciating due to the price of oil going up. It would be like buying a stock for $55 a share and it goes up to $72 a share.

And I'll stop there with the facts. Half the class is asleep, and the other half are reading magazines hiddden in textbooks.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

PA has a gas tax...most of which apparently does *not* go to fix our roads. Anyone who lives here, or has driven through here knows what I mean Now our government wants to increase our gas tax...as well as try to place tolls on *more* roads here.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm wondering whether you meant a "paczka" (singular, means "package") or a "pączek" (also singular, means "donut")

I'll go with the latter. As a matter of fact, I do
            Oh ok you're right. I spelled it wrong. They usually spell it "paczki" (I guess that's the plural form of donut) and pronounce it "Poonch-key". In Chicago (I think) and in Toledo they have an annual "Paczki Day" where they local Polish delis crank out tons of them for everyone to buy.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
              Oh ok you're right. I spelled it wrong. They usually spell it "paczki" (I guess that's the plural form of donut) and pronounce it "Poonch-key". In Chicago (I think) and in Toledo they have an annual "Paczki Day" where they local Polish delis crank out tons of them for everyone to buy.
              Toledo, OH?
              I dislike Polish communites in the USA, but some of their customs seem fun.

BTW, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C4%85czki
              Music: Last.fm
              Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

The only Eastern European country I know anything much about is the Ukraine, and that's only from my deep research into its culture (not history!!! Only as far back as Chernobyl, really) for my book.

Pity. The easternmost country I've passed through is Austria, and I'd like to know more and go see stuff but alas, I can't...other people think they have claim on my daily hours.
                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth solidmetalgear19 View Post
                  I want them to go back to the good days of 1.77 a gallon.
                  Me too. *sigh* Sadly, I have a feeling I will never see those days in my lifetime again.

R: I'm telling you, I served in 2 wars and the best thing to do would just be to go in there and bomb the place, turn it into a crater.
                  I've heard idiots say shit like this, and it just boggles me. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

And I know I'm gonna get flamed for this statement but I support the troops, and not this war.
                  That's how I feel about it too.
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
                  X