This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tollbaby View Post
    the eyelash stuff is a PITA to knit with, so don't choose it for a quickie project you have a deadline for).)
    But combine it with a solid fake fur.... Give it a shake when you're done....

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      Easiest way to make a large number of scarves in a short time period is this: buy bulky/chunky yarn, size 15 needles, cast on 12-18 stitches, depending how wide you want the scarf, and just do garter stitch all the way through (knit on both sides).
      Oh, I know. Unfortunately most of the yarn I got is best on needles sized 9-13. Even going up a size (I tend to knit smaller than gage) it's still a big project! They are mostly novelty-types and at $.97/ball on clearance you can't beat that! I got some good time in this weekend watching movies and on the ride to an outlet mall (1/2 done with one scarf and about 1/4 done with another) but that's my problem.

I'll knit in front of the tv and on break at work (amazing people when I'm reading at the same time - it's just garter stitch!) but then I get home and have to do stuff on the internet and all of that, so the time just isn't quite there. Oh, well. I'll make it. I'm currently trying to get my mom's bday present (just a drop-stitch shawl) done in time (Sep 28 and about 1/3 done).

And I'd share the profits for help - if I knew what I was actually making on these! I know my mom will be fair though. She bought me a new pair of tennis shoes that I desperately needed because I helped her out this weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X