This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong thing to say

Was just down at the bank, doing bank things. The customer behind me in line was yapping on her cell. I barely noticed until she said this.

"...yeah, and he was a jerk, so I stole his credit card and totally blew $600."

She instantly had the undivided attention of every bank employee in the room.

Oh. My. Cherry. Pie.

And then they had to call the cleanup crew to shovel up everyone's jaws off the floor.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Hello FRAUD department? I got a good one! And people wonder why bank employees are paranoid sometimes. Could it be stupid people like this make us that way?

Comment

Oh PLEASE tell me she got busted somehow by the bank!

Comment

You know, maybe I should listening in on people's cellphone conversations. Who knows WHAT I'd hear?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

You know, maybe I should listening in on people's cellphone conversations. Who knows WHAT I'd hear?
            Probably stuff that falls under the category of TMI, if your luck is like mine.

TMI as in intricate details of medical procedures/hookups/breakups/the latest social bandwagon/et al.

Bonus points if you throw in plenty of vulgarities, which seems especially popular with the upper teens/twentysomething tough guy wannabes.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

*Reads OP*

Too funny. I am starting to think that cell phones have a large effect on stupid people and it somehow makes them more stupid.

TMI as in intricate details of medical procedures/hookups/breakups/the latest social bandwagon/et al.

Bonus points if you throw in plenty of vulgarities, which seems especially popular with the upper teens/twentysomething tough guy wannabes.
              Agreed.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

The stuff I used to overhear *not on purpose, mind you* whilst people where on their cell phones was usually sexually graphic details about this and that.....stuff I didn't want to imagine.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                  Probably stuff that falls under the category of TMI, if your luck is like mine.
                  Yeah, I know, I hear that stuff all the time...when I'm not trying to eavesdrop. I just wonder if my luck would improve if I did it on purpose.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    Yeah, I know, I hear that stuff all the time...when I'm not trying to eavesdrop. I just wonder if my luck would improve if I did it on purpose.
                    You could try it and report any findings here.

Unfortunately, due to budget cuts, we're not able to give you any research funding, though. You're on your own.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                      You could try it and report any findings here.

Unfortunately, due to budget cuts, we're not able to give you any research funding, though. You're on your own.
                      It's all good, but no one better take credit for MY hard work.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X