Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The largest stroller I ever want to have is one of the double ones that has one child in front of the other, and even then I'd go for one as compact as I can manage. I currently use one of the "travel system" strollers that is basically a toddler stroller with a clip-on carseat for smaller babies. I don't think it's too big to take to the store or even to the mall (though that's pushing it, but I try to be curteous about it), but I have no delusions that I could take that thing to Times Square in December. If Hubby and I ever go there in December again, we're getting an umbrella stroller first. Which, incidentally, Babies R Us carries, if in small amounts.

Re: the OP, I hate the people who try to get on the bus/train/elevator without waiting for others to get off, too. And the ones who stop right when they get on instead of moving down the car/away from the escalator. Argh.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I used to get that at Kinko's. People would come up to the counter, place their order, and just....decide that was a good place to wait. People elbow to elbow at the counter, lines halfway to the door, and these oh-so-special people would just stand there. "Okay, everyone! We have a Very Important Order in now! The store can just come screeching to a halt!"

I'm just not very good at hiding this type of annoyance. I'd direct them to the waiting area and some of them would get indignant. I was never rude, just firm, and they could probably tell I was annoyed. But geez, move, you know? Why should I HAVE to ask you to move? Isnt' it a no-brainer?

Comment

I've taken the subway in NYC and found it was easy to move around. As for people crowding around the doors, the conductors in NYC are rather amusing ("Why are you idiots lining up like that? Come on it's simple!" to "Why the hell do you have to do this everyday? It should be easy for you to begin w-, oh screw it I'm at work already anyway.)

The cruelest subway IMO? The Metro in DC. I was down there over the weekend visiting friends and when the doors shut they don't open no matter what. It was funny seeing people get stuck on the doors when they were dumb enough to crowd them and attempt to get in at the last second.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          I used to get that at Kinko's. People would come up to the counter, place their order, and just....decide that was a good place to wait. People elbow to elbow at the counter, lines halfway to the door, and these oh-so-special people would just stand there.
          The local not-Starbucks coffee place gets that. They'll just stand at the bar, generally oblivious to people trying to push by to order, pick up drinks, or access the condiment bar (not fun trying to thread the needle between either two Strollerzillas or a pack of oh-so-important teens while balancing a full, very hot beverage).

The worst offenders in this seem to be Russian, from my observation. Not sure why (although it has been posited that my town has its own little Russian mafia who think they're above everyone).
          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-05-2007, 02:32 PM.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            The worst offenders in this seem to be Russian, from my observation. Not sure why (although it has been posited that my town has its own little Russian mafia who think they're above everyone).
            If you're from Russia, you know NEVER to forfeit your place in line.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
              The cruelest subway IMO? The Metro in DC. I was down there over the weekend visiting friends and when the doors shut they don't open no matter what. It was funny seeing people get stuck on the doors when they were dumb enough to crowd them and attempt to get in at the last second.
              Hehe I've noticed that too...during the few times I've ridden the Metro. I've also seen people attempt to force the doors open, which is *always* good for a laugh. Then there's Pittsburgh's subway (which, is amusing we call it that...since *most* of the system is above ground, but whatever ). I don't seem to remember seeing as many idiots on it. Of course we'd sometimes see people who can't understand the concept of "the end of the line" and wonder why the 2-car train suddenly stops as the operator changes ends
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                If you're from Russia, you know NEVER to forfeit your place in line.
                They're nowhere near the actual line. Just standing around blocking everyone else.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                X