Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the 80s my mom ran a catering company, she catered for the Police and U2 numerous times. Said Bono is one of the nicest guys on the planet. She also stepped on Sting's foot by accident. He was nice about it though.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
      In the 80s my mom ran a catering company, she catered for the Police and U2 numerous times. Said Bono is one of the nicest guys on the planet. She also stepped on Sting's foot by accident. He was nice about it though.
      Yeah, that's what I understand, he's just an all-around nice guy. Sounds like your mom had a cool job, LOTS of work, and probably dealt with quite a few celebrity SC's, but still interesting. What's funny about Bono is he loses his stuff; read a few books about the band, and apparetnly he leaves a trail whereever he goes!

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
        He put on a free show at a bar in the Keys this winter I heard. He's quite good in concert, we've seen him twice now.
        Yes. I know. a WEEK before I came down on vacation so I wasn't here.

I'm serious. The first time I meet Kenny Chesney, I *will* ask him to marry me. I know he'll say no, and that's fine, but I'm gonna ask anyway
        "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Why do people feel the need to get smashed at concerts like this? It's Kenny Chesney for God's sakes, not Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, or Bob Dylan, or even George Jones!

I recall going to a tractor pull way back in 1984, and this asshole man was behind us, the entire time yelling obscenities and so on. About an hour after we got there, he threw up all over the back of my chair, and we had to get up and move somewhere else because of the raunchy smell from the Budweiser this man had consumed. My dad had a few unkind words to say to him right before we moved.

Comment

Oooh, DM, I'm so jealous. I love country. I'm going to see Sugarland with my roomates soon...I don't know why I love country so much, seeing as I grew up in suburbs, but whatever. That's a post in itself.

And I hate to sound like an SC when I complain about prices, BUT....there's really no point in getting really drunk at a concert, especially when they charge 10 bucks for a maragarita that tastes like a Slurpee. I went to see O.A.R. at Merriweather Post, and since it was all like "Yaaaay, band from Maryland," there were a bunch of preppy kids smoking weed and spilling beer all over the place. Probably using mom and dad's credit card. High schoolers setting up beer pong tables at a tailgate? Why don't you just ASK to get arrested?!!!
            "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
              Yeah, that's what I understand, he's just an all-around nice guy. Sounds like your mom had a cool job, LOTS of work, and probably dealt with quite a few celebrity SC's.
              Surprisingly she had very few SCs, a lot of them were very polite and there was the occasional weirdo (Prince, requested a baby grand piano in a shower, supposed to be very intelligent.) She didn't mind it, to her it was a job and she enjoyed it.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth reformedwaitress View Post
                The first time I meet Kenny Chesney, I *will* ask him to marry me. I know he'll say no, and that's fine, but I'm gonna ask anyway
                Back in the day, when I was still jailbait, to use my mother's term, I used to ask John Jaha to marry me. (For those that don't know, he used to be a major league baseball player for my Brewers and the A's.)

He was married at the time, and the last time I asked, his wife was pregnant with their third child. He never once said no, filed a restraining order or anything. He would just chuckle and say "I can't." It was funny, cute, and sweet. I actually have a picture somewhere of it.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                  He would just chuckle and say "I can't." It was funny, cute, and sweet. I actually have a picture somewhere of it.
                  It's true. I'm a witness.

JJ was/is such a sweet man.

:muttering: not like that asshat, Jim Rushford.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I always get a bit merry at concerts, but never so bad I can't function. The most drunk I got was when I went to see Alice Cooper; but, I didn't miss any of the concert and I got a piece of balloon. XD

At Dio, there was this huge guy who insisted on standing right in front of me. Barely 10 minutes later, he went down with a thump; he'd fainted. Security had to send 2 people to drag him out.

Also, whenever I go and see Magnum, the drunkest person there is always onstage; every single time, Bob Catley is always hammered. But, still functioning. XD
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

A couple weekends ago, I went to see Rage Against the Machine and Queens of the Stone Age, and, in addition to the falling down drunks, there was a guy sitting nesxt to me who spent almost the entire concert either text-messageing or talking on his cell phone. (How he could hear anything was a mystery to me.)

Also, as far as people blocking your view, it seems that everytime I go to a concert without reserved seating, no matter where I park my wheelchair or how deserted the area in front of me is, it seems like that tallest, largest person in the place will stand directly between me and the stage. I swear, if the tall person and myself were the only two people at the show, he would still stand right in front of me.

Comment

Working...
                      X