This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two cans of cat food

Last night I went to the supermarket to pick up a few things. Not a whole lot, so I just grabbed a hand basket. I had what I needed, and headed up front. I was waiting for the self scan and I noticed that the woman behind me only had two cans of cat food. I told her she could go ahead of me. She thanked me and went on her way. The next self scan came available, and I start to walk towards it, but the other woman behind me with about half a cart tries to wedge in front of me! I told her that I was next, and the arguement was as follows:

Me: Too polite for my own good
    SAEW: Self-Absorbed-Entitlement-Whore

SAEW: "What the hell? You let that other lady go in front of you!"
    Me: "Yeah, she only had two items. You have 4 or 5 times what I've got."

At that point another self scan opened up and she went to that one while calling me several choice names. Seriously, WTF? Did she seriously think I was going to let everyone behind me go first?
    Last edited by Jadedcarguy; 08-31-2007, 09:40 PM.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

That's the world for you. You do one nice thing for one person and it bites you on the ass. I once held a door open for a woman and she yelled at me that she could open her own doors. Whatever.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

No good deed goes unpunished.

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
      I once held a door open for a woman and she yelled at me that she could open her own doors. Whatever.
      Wow. Imagine having her as a customer!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
        No good deed goes unpunished.

I would have shut the door in her face if she hadn't passed through yet. This is probably why a lot of people don't do nice things for strangers.

Comment

Quoth gregmaddux17 View Post
          I would have shut the door in her face if she hadn't passed through yet. This is probably why a lot of people don't do nice things for strangers.
          Ironically, she probably would have been pissed about that, too!

Comment

Alright it's a bit off topic but it's been bugging me. Jadedcarguy where is your icon from?
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

That looks like Orpheus from The Venture Brothers. I love Orpheus!

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                Alright it's a bit off topic but it's been bugging me. Jadedcarguy where is your icon from?
                Dr Orpheus.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                That looks like Orpheus from The Venture Brothers. I love Orpheus!
                Cookie.

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                  I think some of us already have.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I don't understand why some women (and every time I hear someone tell a similar story, it's always a woman) seem to think if someone holds the door it means that person thinks they are too weak to open the door. If someone is less than 10 or so feet behind me, I will likely pause and hold the door for them. Because I am a nice person and I don't like it when people let the door close on me when I'm only seconds behind them. Also, if someone is further away but has a stroller, wheelchair, or some other obvious impediment to their being able to easily open the door, I will stop and hold it. If you hold the door for me, I will smile and say thank you. If there are 2 doors in succession, and you let me go first through the first door, I will hold the second door for you. Really, it's just a nice thing.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

"If you hold the door for me, I will smile and say thank you."

Yeah, but that is the action of someone with a little class and common courtesy, but we all know that common courtesy is not so common.

Comment

I once had a lady get rude with me when I held open a door... she said "I'm perfectly capable of opening doors for myself". Without missing a beat, my husband (at the time) said "Great, go back outside, and we'll slam it shut so you can start from scratch." *snicker* The look on her face was priceless
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                          I once had a lady get rude with me when I held open a door... she said "I'm perfectly capable of opening doors for myself". Without missing a beat, my husband (at the time) said "Great, go back outside, and we'll slam it shut so you can start from scratch." *snicker* The look on her face was priceless

Oh good comeback! I always think of stuff like that to say WAY after the fact. hahahahaha - if I had been there, I would have cracked up...

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                            That was great response by your husband. I'll have to use that whenever I encounter people who complain about my holding doors open for them.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                              I'm fond of a response I heard from someone else:

I'm holding the door because I am a gentleman, not because I think you are a lady.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X