X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was too funny to pass up...

The Devil made me do it!

Ok, I never posted this the day it happened, but it was about 3 weeks ago when my part of Wisconsin was having Seattle weather. It rained from the day this story took place until like a week later. Non stop.

Anywho, I'd fallen asleep the previous day (Friday) and didn't get to go shopping. I arrived at the local mall about an hour after opening. The parking lot was deserted. I managed to get a parking spot ONE STALL away from the handicapped ones.

I shopped my little heart out for a couple of hours, and by then, it was post lunch rush. Everyone and their soccer mom was at the mall for back to school shopping.

It was raining up a storm and I trotted out to my car and got in. I noticed a large van with an even larger man inside of it saw me get into my car and he started to wait for me. I HATE people who do this. I hate people who WAIT for you to leave, watching you like an owl watches its prey....

So I went through my purse. Made sure I didn't forget anything. Checked my keyring to make sure I had all my keys. Looked through my pack of cigarettes for a super special one to have next. Dug deep down into my purse for my lighter.

I looked behind and this guy was getting absolutely furious. GOD FORBID HE WALK 10 extra feet into the mall in the rain. Because he will MELT, of course! Jeebus, I'm a huge beauty queen and even I don't throw a tantrum because I have to walk in the rain. Christ....

So I decided that it was time to go before this guy blew a gasket. Since I could only see him and not everyone behind him, I had caused a HUGE backup of traffic. This selfish asswipe had wanted my spot so bad he had sat and waited and traffic that was behind him had to stop and wait as well.

Well next time, only take a parking spot if someone is backing out right that second. Don't hunt someone down as they wak to their car and park your fat ass there and WAIT for them.

Lazy ass people drive me insane.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas87 View Post
    Everyone and their soccer mom
    I love this line

I had a similar experience the other day.. I took my sweet time loading my son in his car seat, his stroller in the trunk of my car, took some time to fill up a sippy cup for him.

The person waiting for me got so pissy they just whipped into a parking spot 2 spots down from me and bitched loudly about me as they walked by.

The kicker, my spot wasn't that good, and it was about 80 degrees and sunny out.

Comment

I hate that too. I only ever do it when I a) see someone backing out of a spot or b) see their reverse lights on. I don't sit there and STALK people walking from the store.

When I went to Blinn College, I lived at home. I would bring all of my books and binders for the day in my car because home was a 20-minute drive away. Essentially my car doubled as a portable locker.
      So after I had finished lunch one day, I walked out to my car to put my morning books away and grab my books for the afternoon. As I was walking out to the lot, I noticed a guy inching behind me. I pretended not to notice and simply walked to my car, replaced my books, locked my car and began the walk back to campus.
      I know it won't teach those parking-space-stalkers anything, but . . . I'm not bending over backward so you can have my space. Deal with it.
      ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        GOD FORBID HE WALK 10 extra feet into the mall
        Funny how nine times outta ten they look as though they could use another fifty feet of walking in their life....

I worked at a gym for quite a few years and was constantly stunned by people who would CIRCLE THE CITY BLOCK to park in front of the place. (We had a large lot two hundred yards away, and the city had one within fifty.) Yes, that's right, they didn't want to walk to the gym where they would then get on a treadmill or bike for an hour

Like with the aisle blocking nimrods inside stores, I've given up on common courtesy in a parking lot. I pull into the first one I see off the feeder road and walk from there. I take that back. If there are cart corrals in the lot, I try to park near one of them - grab one on my way in, easy drop off on the way out.

Comment

If I see someone with stroller and kids getting into the car, I don't ever wait. I only ever wait for people anyway if the lot is full and/or there's no one behind me. Usually if it's busy I will go to the front of the store, pick a lane, drive down, and park in the first empty spot I come to. Then I at least know I won't find any closer as I walk in . Though I only really worry about it if a) the weather is really bad or b) I anticipate having a lot of stuff to carry out.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Personally I like to park out in Siberia away from the building. Gets me in and out of the place quicker as I'm usually out there by my lonesome. Also makes it hard to miss my vehicles.

But yeah I've wondered how bad the person is if they have to park that close. Why dont they just go ahead and try and get a handicapped sticker if their that bad off.

Comment

I usually grab a spot towards the back of the lot, unless the wife is with me, then we'll use handicapped.

I do enjoy going shopping on the weekends before Christmas, and see how many people I can get to follow me back to my car. Becuase what I usually do so I don't have to carry alot around the mall, is after every purchase or two, take them out to the car and go back in. Another fun thing is to walk up the wrong aisle, then dart over the two or three aisles to where your car is parked and see if the person is going to try to race over there before anyone else can.

Comment

Well, to be fair, you did say it was pouring rain, and you, yourself grabbed that parking spot because of the convenience, so what was it hurting to just let him have the space, too?

I know you said the lot was deserted, and he didn't have to wait for that particular space, but if that was the case, then why did the cars back up? They could also have grabbed any number of the empty spaces instead of sitting behind the guy who was waiting on you.

Rain doesn't kill you, but it's really uncomfortable getting soaked through and having to walk around like that.

I don't know. He was annoying, but that seemed kind of mean, in my opinion, not that it counts for all that much.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I pretty much agree with Ree... I read through the OP thinking to myself "Okay, so are you satisfied now? You feel all powerful because you inconvenienced someone else?"... left me with a bad taste in my mouth, that's all.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I'm sorry, but at busy times at the shopping centre I go to, that's pretty much a requirement to be able to get a park. You just circle around until you see someone who's packing up their car, and wait for them to pull out. Even if it's several hundred metres from the entrance to the store, you still do it, because parks are few and far between. Personally, if I saw someone getting ready to leave a park 10m from the entrance on a day it was rtaining, I'd sit there waiting for them too, rather than keep circling for another 10 minutes until another park opened up anywhere. The fact that it's 10m away and raining just makes it a super bonus, but I'd still sit there and wait even if it was 100m away.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                      I usually grab a spot towards the back of the lot, unless the wife is with me, then we'll use handicapped.

I do enjoy going shopping on the weekends before Christmas, and see how many people I can get to follow me back to my car. Becuase what I usually do so I don't have to carry alot around the mall, is after every purchase or two, take them out to the car and go back in. Another fun thing is to walk up the wrong aisle, then dart over the two or three aisles to where your car is parked and see if the person is going to try to race over there before anyone else can.
                      I must be evil too, because I enjoy doing the same thing. Not just at Christmas either...any time! But in my mind, there are two types of people; those who practically run you down following you to see where you've parked, EVEN THOUGH there are plenty of other spaces right around you. Those are the ones I enjoy toying with. Why is MY spot the one you want, when just 2 cars down, there is a whole empty row? Those are the ones I don't understand.

But If its really full, and someone just happens to be looking, i will sort of motion to them, hey, I'm parked over here, and leaving, so they can take my space when I leave. Or if someone politely asks me as I'm walking towards my car, I will tell them where I'm parked.

And don't get me started on when there are several cars, all jockying for position to get your spot, practically on top of you, barely leaving you enough room to even get out...god forbid someone gets the spot before you do!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                        Looked through my pack of cigarettes for a super special one to have next.
                        You do that, too?
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I hate it when someone is inching behind me, while I walk to my car. I always park at the one that is close to the building. Even if that means I have to park way at the other end of the parking lot. I don't mind the extra 10 minute walk. Plus I could use the exercise
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yeah, it would be nice to have a close parking space on a rainy day, but I wouldn't park myself down the middle of an aisle waiting for somebody to pull out of their space.

I don't like it when other people do it so I try not to do it myself.

Yeah, this was kind of sucky, but only a little.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ree and toll, if you would have told me that I was going to get a parking spot that close to the doors, I wouldn't have believed you. Since the mall had only been open for an hour, or for whatever reason no one was out and about yet, I got a close by spot.

Had I gotten there later, I would NOT have circled around and around the parking lot and I would not have stalked people to their cars and waited for them to back out and leave. I'm not that lazy, even in the rain. If I'm pulling up and I see reverse lights, I'll wait, but I won't pick a person and hunt them down and wait for them to leave.

I figured that man was being an ass for holding up traffic. He saw me coming from the mall and he saw me get in my car. He HAD to wait for me to leave.....he just couldn't park a few spots away or down another aisle. It had to be right there. That's annoying.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X